Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Falken Azenis RT660 good enough? 14 or 15 inch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Falken Azenis RT660 good enough? 14 or 15 inch?

I'm looking for tires for my Honda Fit, and it looks like the most affordable option is to go with are Falken Azenis RT660. This is probably more tire than I need.

I can stick with my stock 14 inch steel rims and go with 195/60 R14 ($134 at 1010Tires)

Or I was thinking of finding some used Honda/Acura 15 inch alloys and going with 205/50 R15 ($145)

I'm leaning toward 15s if I can find rims because they will make me look and feel faster and I'll take any advantage I can get.
    But 14s leave more dollars in my pocket and are the sensible choice.

1. Are there any there better places to shop in the GTA other than 1010tires?
    2. Besides Kijiji is there anywhere else to find used rims?

Thanks everyone for indulging my newbie questions.

Last edited by alexhatz; 04-02-2021, 12:46 PM.

Originally posted by alexhatz View Post
    I'm looking for tires for my Honda Fit, and it looks like the most affordable option is to go with are Falken Azenis RT660. This is probably more tire than I need.

I can stick with my stock 14 inch steel rims and go with 195/60 R14 ($134 at 1010Tires)

Or I was thinking of finding some used Honda/Acura 15 inch alloys and going with 205/50 R15 ($145)

I'm leaning toward 15s if I can find rims because they will make me look and feel faster and I'll take any advantage I can get.
    But 14s leave more dollars in my pocket and are the sensible choice.

1. Are there any there better places to shop in the GTA other than 1010tires?
    2. Besides Kijiji is there anywhere else to find used rims?

Thanks everyone for indulging my newbie questions.

Hi there alexhatz,

XIII Motorsports (pronounced 'Thirteen Motorsports") is a sponsor for OTA. They are located in Brampton near Pearson International Airport - https://www.xiiimotorsports.com/ - tell them you're an OTA competitor and were sent here by LemonJus!

Braidan Motorsports is a sponsor for OTA as well and they are located in Markham and also trackside at CTMP GP! Again, tell them you're with OTA.

JRP also sells tires and is yet another sponsor for OTA located in Mississauga's south west corner!

NV Auto is a long time sponsor for OTA and located in Hamilton - say hi to Nam and Dov when you're there!

I personally buy my tires from XIII.

Cheers.

Kevin "LemonJus" Wong
    Kevin Wong
    GT3 / STR / C-Stock Plus Honda S2000 #111
    2020 OTA Chief Timer

Comment

Hey Alex, buy the less expensive 14" tires and spend the money saved on a proper 'track alignment' so you don't kill the tires first time out. Several of OTA's sponsors also do proper track alignments. If you have any money left over buy a top quality tire pressure gauge.
      TeamVDG - OTA#47

'Don't let the sound of your own wheels drive you crazy' by Browne & Frey

Comment

Good advice from Brutus!

and about those tires https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/ar...oss-and-track/
        BadGer Racing:OTA #97 VW Passat & Supercharged Chevy Cobalt SS
        #97 BRC Mobile1 Echo ice racing

Comment

Working...
        X