Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Questions about the 2021 Season? Post them here!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions about the 2021 Season? Post them here!

Good morning folks,

If you have any questions or concerns about the 2021 season, please feel free to use this thread to ask them.

Once asked and answered, I will try to compile it into a FAQ.

As of right now:
    1- Will the 2021 season happen?
    Unsure due to current State of Emergency declared by the province but OTA has officially signed contracts with the tracks and has a VIRTUAL open house date scheduled for April 17th (Sat).
    ⁠- From April 17 0:00EST to April 24 23:59EST, the prices on our MotorsportsReg events are written down by 5%
    - The discount is stackable with all other forms of discounts (10% off if you register for both TMP or SMP days, or 5% off if you register for the series)
    - The OTA Organizers will be available on Zoom for digital meet/greet, we will also be able to answer any of your questions live
    - More details will follow, keep an eye on our social media accounts and/or your email

2- What happens if I sign up for an event and the authorities prevent us from allowing it to happen?
    In the case regulations do not allow us to have our events, your money is ONE HUNDRED PERCENT (100%) REFUNDED.

3- What is happening with the 2020 season awards?
    As director, my plan was to wait for indoor gatherings to be allowed to go up to 100 before I hosted the banquet but clearly as a province, we haven't hit that goal. I will be providing awards and recognition to the 2020 winners at the first event for 2021. We have already blasted these winners on announcements via social media and it is currently on our website as well. Apologies for this hiatus but it is necessary for everyone's safety and to comply with Province of Ontario and local municipality regulations.

4- I have an immediate question/concern, who can I contact?
    Me. Send an email to timeattack@casc.on.ca with the subject line "2021 Season" and I'll try to get back to you as soon as possible.

5- Can I class my car? Why is the classing still based on 2020 rules?
    Yes - the CCDB was updated when the rule book went out so while the class names appear to follow 2020 rules, it is JUST the name. All that matters is the final PI score. This PI score is what gets imported from your approved schedule into the timing software for scoring. The TIMING software will slot you into the new 2021 classes. CCDB is quite a bit of work to adjust the classes and names so just use it as a PI calculator.

6- Are SA2010 helmets still good?
    Yes, due to Covid-19, SA2010 helmets have been extended for a year and OTA is planning on organizing a group buy for SA2020 helmets with one of our sponsors with a variety of choices. STAY TUNED TO YOUR EMAILS.

As always, you can find us here, website, Facebook, Instagram and Discord.

But please, follow your local authorities' rules and suggestions, stay safe, stay healthy and stay happy!

Keep an eye on your emails for further announcements.

Cheers.

Kevin Wong
    CASC-OR Time Attack Director

sigpic

Will crew/1 support vehicle be allowed? For example, if a second car comes with spares, and tools. Will that vehicle and driver be allowed in?

Comment

Originally posted by johnny5 View Post
      Will crew/1 support vehicle be allowed? For example, if a second car comes with spares, and tools. Will that vehicle and driver be allowed in?
      Right now it's too early to answer that question as there has been no framework established on what will happen after the State of Emergency ends.

As soon as we have details, OTA will publish the rules on who can and cannot come to the events.

Kevin Wong

sigpic

Comment

No question, just indicating I'm interested in the helmet group buy as long as it happens before the 1st scheduled event.
        Ray
        #73 Genesis Coupe 2.0T
        Sponsors: Xclusive Tuning, UniqPerformance.ca, Tiretrackers

Comment

Is the virtual open house happening today? I have newbie questions and it would be great to chat with someone.

Comment

Originally posted by alexhatz View Post
            Is the virtual open house happening today? I have newbie questions and it would be great to chat with someone.
            Hi Alex,

We're on the Zoom call here: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/5121860793...pHa2dsais4dz09

Come on in!

Kevin

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Maddog View Post
              No question, just indicating I'm interested in the helmet group buy as long as it happens before the 1st scheduled event.
              Hi there,

The group buy is likely happening at the end of the season as SA2010 helmets are still allowed for the rest of the 2021 season.

Kevin

sigpic

Comment

I realize it's a long shot, but is there any chance of getting another weekend at the CTMP DDT before event #2 at TMP if the Ontario State of Emergency extends for the full six week period mandated by the provincial government? I don't see @fordnation ending the SoE early. He'd be hammered by the media if he did.
                Jim (aka "Lawrence" in results). Red NA Miata and red NB Miata.

Comment

Originally posted by jimmo-san View Post
                  I realize it's a long shot, but is there any chance of getting another weekend at the CTMP DDT before event #2 at TMP if the Ontario State of Emergency extends for the full six week period mandated by the provincial government? I don't see @fordnation ending the SoE early. He'd be hammered by the media if he did.
                  We are in conversation with CTMP actually about this.

Contractually, they owe us an event but they are being prevented to operate so we've asked for an alternate date first and foremost but keep in mind, CTMP has also lost 2 months of operating time and thus are trying to cram everyone into a summer minus two months. They're in a really really tough spot.

As soon as we hear back, we will advise all.

Kevin

sigpic

Comment

Thanks Kevin!

Comment

Thanks Kevin!
                      School/Event #1 is now officially rescheduled for May 22nd/23rd respectively.

Kevin

sigpic

Comment

Is there any possibility to have Event #2 (which would now become Event #1, as the DDT Event #1 on May 23rd is cancelled) on June 27th, Sunday, the day after OTA School #1? I seem to recall that TMP isn't permitted to hold events on Sunday, but perhaps this has changed?

If so, I would register for lapping on the 26th and Event #1 on the 27th. Others might be willing to come for lapping too if Event #1 is the next day.

Comment

Is there any possibility to have Event #2 (which would now become Event #1, as the DDT Event #1 on May 23rd is cancelled) on June 27th, Sunday, the day after OTA School #1? I seem to recall that TMP isn't permitted to hold events on Sunday, but perhaps this has changed?

If so, I would register for lapping on the 26th and Event #1 on the 27th. Others might be willing to come for lapping too if Event #1 is the next day.
                          Hi there!

Yes! Our news post should indicate that the school has been moved to the 26th (Saturday) and Event #1 is on the 27th (Sunday) the day after!

Kevin

sigpic

Comment

Are spectators allowed at event 3?

Comment

Originally posted by scorcherjf View Post
                              Are spectators allowed at event 3?
                              Unfortunately no. CASC has not updated it yet for spectators (out of caution) and CTMP does not want large crowds at our events at the moment.

It is quite likely that for SMP onwards we can finally bring back spectators.

Kevin Wong

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X