No announcement yet.

Brake Fluid... Which one are you using?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Brake Fluid... Which one are you using?

Originally posted by ScotcH View Post
    Good point ...
    I occasionally have those.
    Pete Mills
    Cheap, fast, reliable. Choose 2.

Comment

wonder if the numbers are still the same after 5 years?

Comment

I don't think the Ford Heavy Duty is still available. From what I heard, it used to be sold in metal cans and had a 530-550 F boiling point. Now they sell it in a plastic can and it only has 500F. I've used the 500F version on my Ford Focus for track days last year and I never had fluid fade but on some heavier/powerful cars might be different.
        I alternated with ATE blue and that's what I voted for since I'll just use ATE from now one.
        2003 Focus SVT
        sigpic

Comment

They still call it Ford Heavy Duty. I just flushed my brakes last week with fresh fluid. I've used the newer formula for a few years now and haven't noticed any fade. But you do have to flush it regularly depending on how much track time.
          www.nummelinmotorsportgroup.com
          sigpic

Comment

Don't forget the Gulf Competition RF800 and RF1000 high temperature brake fluids.

http://autoanalyser.com/performance/...d-c-24_29.html
            sigpic

Comment

I used the Ford Heavy Duty stuff in my Mustang when it had stock brakes. By the end of a 2 day track weekend, the pedal would go spongy and I'd flush green fluid.

Since the upgrade to cobra brakes, I've been using RBF600. Costs a LOT more, but I only change fluid once a year (as opposed to after each weekend).

Ford HD, great bargain for the street or a light car.
              PS. Still see plastic bottles at CT, ~500F rating, notice the rating is a little inconsistent, but in that ball park. I think it once said 560F!
              #74 - 2003 Ford Mustang GT

Comment

Both Chris and I are using Gulf 800 or 1000.

No fade on either car. Great fluids. Pretty reasonable prices for the piece of mind in 5A.

JohnP

Comment

Been useing wilwood 570 since i had the car, Works great, no change in pedal pressure bled them twice a year just to be safe. But i just got a good deal on some Motul 600 so i'll be trying that at the next event, can't seem to find wilwood 570 around me anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by loki141 View Post
                    Been useing wilwood 570 since i had the car, Works great, no change in pedal pressure bled them twice a year just to be safe. But i just got a good deal on some Motul 600 so i'll be trying that at the next event, can't seem to find wilwood 570 around me anymore.
                    I literally JUST switched to the Wilwood 570 YESTERDAY , as it's what was recommended to me by some pretty knowledgable 'Vette guys , and thus far, can't complain .

As for local availability? Performance Improvements in Oshawa, $9.95 a bottle .
                    OMSC
                    Current: 2011 Corvette Z06
                    Previous: '06 Z06, '10 Corvette, '93 & '02 Camaro Z28's

Comment

Ditto here on the Willwood product! Readily available from Devon at Powell Race Shop in Port Perry just mins from MIR
                      sigpic
                      Supporting member of several
                      grassroot Clubs

Comment

For some reason I forgot about perFormance improvements,'thx

Comment

Working...
                        X