Your Home Track?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your Home Track?

What do you consider your "home" track? I'm not going to define "home", but rather if someone walked up to you and asked the question, what would you respond with? and why...
    Mosport DDT
    15.38%
    Mosport Big Track
    33.33%
    Shannonville
    28.21%
    Cayuga (TMP)
    7.69%
    Dunnville
    0.00%
    Sanair
    0.00%
    Other
    15.38%
    Andy
    Mobil 1 Time Attack - #96

Re: Your Home Track?

I consider Shannonville my "home".

It's where I lost my lapping and SOLO1 virginity and where I have the most seat time...

Comment

from bloomington and bathurst, along dufferin, upto steeles/dufferin/ steeles/keele

thats my home track

i'm also very proficient on the York University Keele campus.
      set tire pressures to winning!

Comment

I've done the most schools, track days and Solo 2 events at the DDT. My favourite is of course Mosport's big track.

I hope to break 90 seconds there some day in a street car.
        sigpic

Stephen, SPDA VP, OTA Director, CCC Member
        OTA: SGT1 ! -=- CSCS: SSA #842

Comment

When I started racing I ran vintage motorcycles at Mosport and Shannonville. After running endurance on the bikes at Mosport, I would say it's my "home" track. One day I'll be back in a car. One day..............

D.
          Darren deRoos
          1986 Porsche 944 Turbo

Comment

Originally posted by Slowpoke
            I've done the most schools, track days and Solo 2 events at the DDT. My favourite is of course Mosport's big track.

I hope to break 90 seconds there some day in a street car.
            I'm not sure if anyone has ever broken 1:30 in a street car? I've seen Porsche's with top drivers do 1:35. Makes me think. Mosport keeps track of all sorts of records. Wonder what the record is for street legal cars (driven to the track.)

I'll ask some of the guys I know from the Porsche and Ferrari clubs what they have seen.
            ===================
            M NICK MAJORS
            Race Director - CASC-OR

- 2010 CASC-OR Formula Libre Roadrace Champion (Elan DP02 sportsracer)
            - 2006/2007/2008 - 3 time CASC-OR GT1 Roadrace Champion (Viper Competition Coupe)
            - 2008 Mobil1 RaceOntario OVERALL Roadrace Champion ("Darth Viper")
            - 2007 Ice Racing OVERALL and RWD Stud Class Champion (turbo-charged 240sx)

(Executive Director - RACE DRIVERS' GUILD of CANADA - )

Comment

done a few thousand laps I guess at the Mosport big track so thats the one
              Pat McDermott
              OSCC.

Comment

I went with SMP for the same reason as Hanif -- I've done thousands of laps there, done the most Solo 1's there, and have learned a lot of how to go fast thru key corners over the years.
                The bearded weirdo from Speed Academy

Comment

I selected "Other" for Calabogie Mortorsport Park - dang I hope we get to run there next season. :hope smiley But for the time being I'd have to say SMP - as would most Ottawa drivers since it's the closest for lapping evenings.
                  CarGuy - Subaru BRZ #57
                  sigpic
                  Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting. Steve McQueen

Comment

I said DDT because of the karting I did there, and I have more laps there than anywhere else in the mustang
                    Andy
                    Mobil 1 Time Attack - #96

Comment

I put the big track at mossport for a couple reasons
                      1 I just love it
                      2 It's less than 20 mins from my home
                      3 I just keeping looking for excueses to go there !!

Steve
                      86 GLHS #315
                      05 SRT4 S3 #166
                      Sponcered by Fast Trac /ftrac.org

Comment

Mosport, since I have put more Road Race laps on Mosport than on any other track. Also it is the most challenging and fun of all the tracks I have been on (Watkins Glen, Mt. Tremblent, Montreal GP, Toronto Molson Indy, Trois Rivieres, Waterford Hills, Halifax street course, Halifax Armed forces base, Atlantic Motorsport Park, Limerock, TMP, Dunnville, DDT).

Also at Mosport I have the most incidents (about 20 ). Hanif you may have a few laps on Shannonville but you are still a virgin.

By the way Marco did a 1:32 in a street driven Corvette last year at the Solo 1 event.

Comment

Originally posted by John P
                          By the way Marco did a 1:32 in a street driven Corvette last year at the Solo 1 event.
                          Wow - so obviously 1:30 is do-able in a street car. Based on the type of times in the GT division of Touring - I was mislead.

By the way - I'm the one who listed Cayuga (TMP) as my home track. The first year that it opened (maybe late summer of 1999 ?) I somehow got about 30 odd track days in during August, September and October. So while it's the furthest track from my home, I have always felt very comfortable and and have some unique insights into various lines and corners.

Technically and in fact I have the most laps on Mosport big track.
                          ===================
                          M NICK MAJORS
                          Race Director - CASC-OR

- 2010 CASC-OR Formula Libre Roadrace Champion (Elan DP02 sportsracer)
                          - 2006/2007/2008 - 3 time CASC-OR GT1 Roadrace Champion (Viper Competition Coupe)
                          - 2008 Mobil1 RaceOntario OVERALL Roadrace Champion ("Darth Viper")
                          - 2007 Ice Racing OVERALL and RWD Stud Class Champion (turbo-charged 240sx)

(Executive Director - RACE DRIVERS' GUILD of CANADA - )

Comment

I chose TMP since it's 30 minutes from my house. I think that it also rates fairly close to SMP for technical challenges.

My absolute favourite is Mosport GP with Watkins Glen a close 2nd.

DDT also has a sentimental place since it was my first track. I also love it for its quirky small track entertainment.
                            Chris Atkins
                            Member of the Road Course Mustang Brotherhood (1/2/2007)

06 Mustang GT (SGT3)
                            07 Mazdaspeed3

(FOR SALE)
                            91 Mustang GT SGT2

Gone to oil country!

Comment

Originally posted by Bubblecar
                              Wow - so obviously 1:30 is do-able in a street car. Based on the type of times in the GT division of Touring - I was mislead.

By the way - I'm the one who listed Cayuga (TMP) as my home track. The first year that it opened (maybe late summer of 1999 ?) I somehow got about 30 odd track days in during August, September and October. So while it's the furthest track from my home, I have always felt very comfortable and and have some unique insights into various lines and corners.

Technically and in fact I have the most laps on Mosport big track.
                              I'm curious what the Enzo did around GP. I imagine that it would be sub-1:30. Frankly, if it wasn't, I'd want my money back. The '06 Z06, Porsche GT2, F430, etc are probably all within reach.
                              Chris Atkins
                              Member of the Road Course Mustang Brotherhood (1/2/2007)

06 Mustang GT (SGT3)
                              07 Mazdaspeed3

(FOR SALE)
                              91 Mustang GT SGT2

Gone to oil country!

Comment

Working...
                              X