Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Draft Car Classification Rules for 2006

Originally posted by James Mewett
    so please post any other concerns to this thread.
    so if i replace all my bushings, modify my spindles, and have custom made control arms that are lighter/stronger, all this, in total is gonna only cost me ONE pip

just want to be 100% sure.
    set tire pressures to winning!

Comment

Originally posted by thgear
      so if i replace all my bushings, modify my spindles, and have custom made control arms that are lighter/stronger, all this, in total is gonna only cost me ONE pip

just want to be 100% sure.
      This is correct Serge. Obviously if the change also affected OE alignment or ride height you would have to take those PIPs, but for strictly the mods you have listed it is only one sPIP.
      James Mewett
      CCC Lurker

Comment

James

Good work to you and CCC on the new rules.

There appears to be a typo in the 50% Suspension example just below your chart. Your chart for 50% at 6 sPIPs shows a 7.5 PIP while the note says 7.2 PIP. It appears the chart was changed but the note wasn't.

JohnP

Comment

Thanks John, I have noted this.
          James Mewett
          CCC Lurker

Comment

Originally posted by h-bomb
            My bad for assuming you wanted to use drop knuckles.

I'll let the CCC give an official response.
            Those knuckles really should be of benefit to you, if you have lowered your car, correct? It changes the angle of the lower control arm, which is only really necessary when you lower your car.

Also, a great job to the CCC for getting this done. However, I have to ask for a comment regarding 5.9.2.15, which allows for any cat-back exhaust, for 0 PIPs. Then, in the point schedule, it says that one must get charged 1 point for any non-OE diameter cat-back. I do not know what the original intent was, but the CCC needs to clean tha tup. If I were reading the rulebook, I would have to say that you could not charge me the 1 point for a larger than OE exhaust.
            Last edited by Pete@Marcor; 02-06-2006, 04:27 PM.
            Pete Mills
            Cheap, fast, reliable. Choose 2.

Comment

Are you refering to 6.1.B.5 which reads
              Modification to the cat-back exhaust system on a factory turbocharged vehicle, where the diameter of the
              exhaust piping is larger than ‘OE’. 1 PIP
              ?

5.9.2.15 refers to Naturally aspirated and S/C vehicles, where as the above rule refers to turbocharged vehicles. I hope that helps
              Andy
              Mobil 1 Time Attack - #96

Comment

Originally posted by G-ForceJunkie
                Are you refering to 6.1.B.5 which reads ?

5.9.2.15 refers to Naturally aspirated and S/C vehicles, where as the above rule refers to turbocharged vehicles. I hope that helps
                Oops. Yes, I did not read it all well enough. Sorry about that. Thanks.
                Pete Mills

Comment

Originally posted by G-ForceJunkie
                  Are you refering to 6.1.B.5 which reads ?

How to put this...

Ya know, if you're getting blown, you're getting blown. S/C or Turbocharged, an exhaust should be 1 pt. Maybe THAT's the typo...?

If it's not, it must be the Mustang/Honda conspiracy at work.

One could argue the same if there was a significant change in N/A engine volume due to stroke, piston or bore change, too.

P.S.: I'm only seeing rules. Is the calculator somewhere else?
                  sigpic

Stephen, SPDA VP, OTA Director, CCC Member
                  OTA: SGT1 ! -=- CSCS: SSA #842

Comment

Originally posted by Slowpoke
                    How to put this...

Ya know, if you're getting blown, you're getting blown. S/C or Turbocharged, an exhaust should be 1 pt. Maybe THAT's the typo...?

If it's not, it must be the Mustang/Honda conspiracy at work.

One could argue the same if there was a significant change in N/A engine volume due to stroke, piston or bore change, too.

P.S.: I'm only seeing rules. Is the calculator somewhere else?
                    I don't agree. I think that a supercharged engine is much more like a normally aspirated engine, when it comes to exhaust. Turbo cars, however, respond much more favourably to a larger pipe diameter. Boost builds faster because of the lack of back pressure. Supercharged and normally aspirated cars simply perform better. (Usually)
                    Pete Mills

Comment

Originally posted by 6.2.B.3
                      On lowered cars modification to an existing Panhard rod is permitted to compensate for the change in ride height.
                      Does "modification" include replacement of the factory panhard bar with a high quality stiff aftermarket panhard bar?

Comment

Originally posted by CobraStang
                        Does "modification" include replacement of the factory panhard bar with a high quality stiff aftermarket panhard bar?
                        A strict reading of the rule says that you can only modify (or replace) the bar if you lower the car and thus also take the lowering PIPs. Thus the answer is a qualified "yes".

If the car is not lowered then you must take the 1 sPIP from 6.2.B.10 for "suspension components ... not covered elsewhere in this section", because modifying a Panhard bar is not covered elsewhere for a car that is not lowered.
                        James Mewett
                        CCC Lurker

Comment

rollbar is required if vehicles that have moved up five (Starting Class +5) or more classes from their 'Starting Class'
                          Now, will that classification spreadsheet be much different than the 2005 version? Because plugging in dyno numbers and mods on the 2005 sheet, I move up 7 classes from my starting class. That would mean I need a rollbar to compete in Solo 1?

What's bringing me up is the "starting HP" for my car compared to what it is now. But if I use the power rating from an 88 or 89 Camaro, which is the same generation as my 86, then I'd only move up 3 classes from starting.
                          Ray
                          #73 Genesis Coupe 2.0T
                          Sponsors: Xclusive Tuning, UniqPerformance.ca, Tiretrackers

Comment

Hi James, are these rules now final?

Comment

James and crew, excellent job.

One thing you might want to add is a WAter brake Dyno. My local dyno shop has a water brake dyno.

I can get the particulars if required.

Steve
                              Steve
                              #61 RED 1986 Porsche 944 Turbo (951)
                              RED1988 Camaro Players SOLD
                              RED 1992 Jaguar XJS 4.0L factory 5 speed SOLD
                              ALL RED ... you'd think I have thing for RED cars???

Retro 80's Racing
                              Twin Lakes Motor Club

Comment

Working...
                              X