Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone ever seen or used diamondracingwheels?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Anyone ever seen or used diamondracingwheels?

I have Kodiak wheels and they have been great and they don't leak. Hoosier slicks leak. Yes they are pretty expensive, but if you call Darryle he will perhaps cut you a deal. He did for me, plus there is no brokerage, no PST and you are supporting a Canadian company. Kodiak had some problems with shells bending, but that was before they started spinning their own shells in house. They do not bend when mounting and unmounting. I have bought Aero steel wheels for the dwarf car which are stronger than Diammonds and they bend when mounting. However with the steel wheel you can hammer them out.

I would buy Kodiaks again, if I could afford it.

I have some Work 3 piece wheels I might be interested in selling. They are 16x8 and 16x7 5x114.3 with RA1s on them. They are not quite as light as the Kodiaks but about half the price. The good thing about 3 piece wheels is you can build them to any size and if you bend a rim, just replace the shell.

shoot me an email if you are interested:
    ron at firstclass dot com

Comment

Originally posted by Cheers!
      hrm... the beauty of the diamond racing wheels is I can actually get 16x8" wheel and not have to pay for exotic japense forged aluminum light weight wheels that are pre order only.
      Have you considered FD wheels? They are 16x8s, obviously same pattern, but you'd probably know better than me whether there is a difference in hub bore between FC & FD. I seem to recall the FC is smaller dia. The early ones (13.x lb) are known for cracking, but I expect the later ones (15-16 lb IIRC) hold up a little better.
      '89 BMW 328iT
      --CSP

Fist in the air in the land of hypocrisy!

Comment

Originally posted by jduffett
        Have you considered FD wheels? They are 16x8s, obviously same pattern, but you'd probably know better than me whether there is a difference in hub bore between FC & FD. I seem to recall the FC is smaller dia. The early ones (13.x lb) are known for cracking, but I expect the later ones (15-16 lb IIRC) hold up a little better.
        You need to run a 1" spacer or some sort of an adapter. FD (3rd gen wheels) are 16x8 +50 offset. 16 lbs heavy, cast by enkei. Two versions exist, the 93 versions and the 94 versions. 92-93 versions were prone to cracking, so they changed the casting in 94 with ribs where it was prone to cracking.

I need a 28 offset wheel. Meaning I would need to make a 22 mm spacer. It seems sketchy to me having to run such a big spacer or wheel adapter. Hubcentric wheels are of no concern to me so the hub bore doens't matter at all.
        Car # 87 - 1989 Mazda Rx-7 TurboII Solo 1
        Way too many PIPs...

Comment

One minor correction on the FD stock rims. The change to the heavier rims happened during the 1993 production. Mine is a 1993 built in Feb, and it came with the stronger rims.
          Mazda started building "1993" RX-7s in early 1992, and there were substantial changes to resolve early problems during 1992. I think the rim change occurred then as well.
          Cheers, Gerry
          Rotary Nut

Comment

I know of quite few 1st gen RX-7 owners running diamonds with no issues. I plan to run them as well due to the RX-7's weird 4x110 bolt pattern.
            CASC Autoslalom Director
            2019 Honda Civic Si #64
            www.twinlakesmc.org

Comment

There's a place at Keele and Hwy 7 that can drill the bore and lug holes in blank rims.
              Even Senna confessed he occasionally went too far, as was the case in qualifying for the 1988 Monaco Grand Prix, where he became a passenger on a surreal ride into the unknown. Already on pole, he went faster and faster and was eventually over two seconds quicker than Prost in an identical McLaren. "Suddenly, it frightened me," Ayrton said, "because I realised I was well beyond my conscious understanding. I drove back slowly to the pits and did not go out anymore that day."

Comment

Originally posted by Greg F
                There's a place at Keele and Hwy 7 that can drill the bore and lug holes in blank rims.
                who sells blank wheels?
                I would gather any competant machine shop could bore and drill out any wheel
                Car # 87 - 1989 Mazda Rx-7 TurboII Solo 1
                Way too many PIPs...

Comment

Originally posted by Cheers!
                  who sells blank wheels?
                  I would gather any competant machine shop could bore and drill out any wheel
                  I know it's possible to order Kosei K1's as blanks.
                  -=Brian=-

Comment

Working...
                  X