Lotus Elise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lotus Elise

So what's the story behind the lotus elise. Is it any good on the track? I think I saw a black rx7 catch up and get a wave by on the back straight and it pulled away from the lotus during RIDE session end of saturday...
    Car # 87 - 1989 Mazda Rx-7 TurboII Solo 1
    Way too many PIPs...

Re: Lotus Elise

Originally posted by Cheers!
    So what's the story behind the lotus elise. Is it any good on the track? I think I saw a black rx7 catch up and get a wave by on the back straight and it pulled away from the lotus during RIDE session end of saturday...
    Ummm ... the black RX7 is an SGT3 (or SGT2?) car that has been well developed, with a very experienced driver. Not sure who was driving the Elise, but likely the car is not optimised for the track as well as it could be, and was probably getting a significantly slower launch out of the turn. Sure looked and sounded nice though
    Arek Wojciechowski
    8legs Racing, SPC #77
    http://www.8legsRacing.com

Comment

i got a chance to drive it on consession road nine when we went to get gas

it was um... fun

Guillermo said it handled very direct on the slalom. The car itself would need a good week of driving to get used to, the wheel is tiny and the shifter is very close, everything is where it needs to be, its actualy kinda weird

the steering is very very direct, and at speed the car is as stable as a brick house

and you get that nice backfire when you lift of the gas...
      set tire pressures to winning!

Comment

I thought the elise would be a turn key ultra quick car in stock trim and stock settings... hrm... That elise is my dream car, but in orange and less interior trim, and no stereo.
        Way too many PIPs...

Comment

what enterior trim... it had aluminum floors for crying out loud...

Comment

Originally posted by Cheers!
            I thought the elise would be a turn key ultra quick car in stock trim and stock settings... hrm... That elise is my dream car, but in orange and less interior trim, and no stereo.
            Sure, if the driver is up to it. He was in the right place though, so give it some time and I personally sure it will be (or is) quick.

I have seen a Civic pass Corvettes before, damn those Civics must be quick and Corvette lumps on the road, huh?

Comment

The car was very quick - handled like a dream, and stiffer than any production car I've ever been in.

The owner was throwing it around, and it seemed to just go where it was pointed.

He was asking - Anyone know the base class?
              sigpic
              Rob McAuley
              TAC President

Comment

apperantly the CCC is still trying to give it a base handling index

certainly difficult considering the car comes stock with Yoko AR 0048's ... but then again tires are free..

hopefully they wont overclassify it just because of the hype it generates

just dont put it in T3...

Comment

According to one of James' old spread sheets the lotus has these specs:

2004 Lotus Elise
                  SuperGrandTouring3
                  1975 lbs
                  190 HP
                  a suspension index of 85%
                  starting PI of 84.8%

But... apprently you can order whatever you want from Gentry Lane. You can have less of an interior. You can have the AC deleted from the factory (so it costs more money to not have an AC than to have one). You can get it with 5 way adjustable Bilstein coilovers or the stock shocks. I also think that the 190 HP is now up to 200 and change HP. You can get it without a stereo. No carpet what so ever. You can have non leather...

I want one.
                  Way too many PIPs...

Comment

id settle of a miata on a weight diet, a bit cheaper

Comment

I believe in Colin Chapman's dream...

but a rx8 renesis motor in a miata would be very very interesting. They share the same bell housing apprently...
                      Way too many PIPs...

Comment

why bother with a renesis...

when your under 1800 lb any engine is good enough.... just look at the lotus its a celica engine with a little chip tuning for crying outloud.

Comment

I don't want any

valves
                          camshafts
                          pistons

or any of that other BS. I only race rotary powered cars. Unless it's the elise.
                          Way too many PIPs...

Comment

Still not as fast as that yellow Cobalt SS Supercharged.

M!

Comment

ehh?......

Comment

Working...
                              X