Schooling Awesome

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Schooling Awesome

Thanks to for putting this on,all the instructers were awesome and I learned a lot. Now I love my car even more.

Re: Schooling Awesome

You just need some brake fluid before the next event!

Great job!
    Chris Atkins
    Member of the Road Course Mustang Brotherhood (1/2/2007)

06 Mustang GT (SGT3)
    07 Mazdaspeed3

(FOR SALE)
    91 Mustang GT SGT2

Gone to oil country!

Comment

Yeah, the viper is a blast ... like a friggen' shotgun when you get on the gas! I love the active seatbelts that get tigher the faster you go ... awsome! With some more practice and track time, that will be one mean car to run against!
      Arek Wojciechowski
      8legs Racing, SPC #77
      http://www.8legsRacing.com

Comment

Originally posted by Chris91GT
        You just need some brake fluid before the next event!

Great job!
        Clean up the car today and changed the brake fluid.Put in Ford brake fluid.

Comment

Originally posted by SidewinderGTS
          Put in Ford brake fluid.

You cheaped out on brake fluid?
          2003 350Z 6spd "stock" for now :)

Comment

Originally posted by vivid

You cheaped out on brake fluid?
            Did a search and that came up .What is everyone else using?
            Now I have more money for gas.

Comment

I use ATE Super Blue and change it every spring.
              That's why i've never had issues with brake fluid, pads are another story....
              Just call me "G"
              2000 Honda Insight
              2005 Mazda Miata

Comment

I'm with "G",

Don't get me wrong, the Ford stuff is good. But I would get the best there is, you don't want to take that beatifull machine into a wall at Mosport just cause you wanted to save $20.

Besides is the Ford stuff compatibel with all systems?
                2003 350Z 6spd "stock" for now :)

Comment

Originally posted by vivid
                  I'm with "G",

Don't get me wrong, the Ford stuff is good. But I would get the best there is, you don't want to take that beatifull machine into a wall at Mosport just cause you wanted to save $20.

Besides is the Ford stuff compatibel with all systems?
                  The best would Castrol SRF...

the Ford HD stuff is a Dot 3 fluid so it shuold be compatible with any DOT 3, 4 or 5.1 systems
                  -=Brian=-

Comment

Originally posted by SidewinderGTS
                    What is everyone else using?
                    Ford ...never had a problem with it
                    Andy
                    Mobil 1 Time Attack - #96

Comment

Ford should do you just fine.

Other than not mixing it with the current fluid I have, my Viper Competition Coupe will likely end up running Ford DOT 3. (That's how we afford the Vipers )

and Vivid, that's all I've ever used in my 350Z, mostly at Mosport big track.

Nick
                      ===================
                      M NICK MAJORS
                      Race Director - CASC-OR

- 2010 CASC-OR Formula Libre Roadrace Champion (Elan DP02 sportsracer)
                      - 2006/2007/2008 - 3 time CASC-OR GT1 Roadrace Champion (Viper Competition Coupe)
                      - 2008 Mobil1 RaceOntario OVERALL Roadrace Champion ("Darth Viper")
                      - 2007 Ice Racing OVERALL and RWD Stud Class Champion (turbo-charged 240sx)

(Executive Director - RACE DRIVERS' GUILD of CANADA - )

Comment

The school was absolutely incredible. I've only had 2 solo2 events of experience before this school and I thought my car had some major fundimental go-fast problems. Turns out I was just a slow driver, understeering and not balancing the car well. By the end I was getting compliments on how my car 'rotates well'. My fav part was not listening to their 'safe' instruction of 'no trailbraking'. My car seems to love a little bit of trail braking.

MUCH MUCH MUCH thanks to all the instructors that helped me out. Candy, you were an awesome teacher! You can beat up my car any time you'd like.

Matt
                        (Blue protege5 with the cam mount in the hatch)

ps. I'll try to get my videos on the net somewhere for everyone to see. Any suggestions for webspace? The track vid is 370mb (12 minutes of lapping).

Comment

Most schools are a little reluctant to work on trail braking during the school, since getting it "wrong" on some cars can be a little disastrous. And every tire, brake pad, suspension and car difference means that they tolerate and react differently to differing amounts of trail braking. It's something that you can't REALLY teach well from the passenger seat because it's all about feeling what the car is doing.

It's kinda like Heel-Toe. If you've never done it before, they can tell you HOW to do it in the school, but you're not going to master it in that weekend. You're probably better off shifting the way that you normally do and trying to get the most out of the cornering concepts.

But, many of the DDT turns are quite slow so it's about the best track to practice trail braking.

But I find that a lot of front wheel drive owners do it by nature and don't realize it just to get their car to turn in.
                          sigpic

Stephen, SPDA VP, OTA Director, CCC Member
                          OTA: SGT1 ! -=- CSCS: SSA #842

Comment

Originally posted by MazdaMatt
                            ps. I'll try to get my videos on the net somewhere for everyone to see. Any suggestions for webspace? The track vid is 370mb (12 minutes of lapping).
                            I would compress the video with divx or something like that.

Maybe http://www.youtube.com or www.videoegg.com could host the video, but I'm not sure of their maximum size.

Agreed on the "awesomeness" of the school. (silver wrx wagon)

-Walter
                            '11 Red STI #373

Keep right except to pass.

Comment

You can post the video into the forms, If you need more space and FTP link I will be more then happy to accommodate it.
                              Now CrITical Inc.
                              Misssion Critical It solutions for your business.

Comment

Working...
                              X