Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do we have a tireshop sponsor anymore?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Do we have a tireshop sponsor anymore?

    Guys/Gals,

    Do we have a tireshop sponsor? I know we dropped Wheel and Tire Zone (which is fine by me since they have never honored the solo1/casc discount) the 3 times I went there last year.

    I need a tire patched since it's leaking air. Where is a good place to go? Tireworks? International Automotive and Customs? I'm not going to canadian tire! West end is best.
    Car # 87 - 1989 Mazda Rx-7 TurboII Solo 1
    Way too many PIPs...

  • #2
    Re: Do we have a tireshop sponsor anymore?

    Originally posted by Cheers!
    Guys/Gals,

    (which is fine by me since they have never honored the solo1/casc discount)
    Huh? What discount were you told you should get?

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Do we have a tireshop sponsor anymore?

      a "racers" discount

      i have spoken to them on the phone when looking for tires and inquired about said discount

      i asked if they offered members of the solo 1/2 community any sort of discounts and they said yes, and that they would need some sort of proof (i'm going to assume our casc-or liscenses would be sufficient)

      however they would not give me a quote over the phone for tires/wheels and said i would have to come to them.

      thinking it over i realized that the gas i would spend driving to them without being sure what the discountw as and even if i was gonna make a purchase i decided to abandon the idea all together

      but i too, was under the impression that a discount was offered to members of the solo1/2 community.....


      also! i too would like to know whats a good tire shop to go to. I need old tires taken off without damage and new ones put on.

      and maybe an alignment while i'm at it
      set tire pressures to winning!

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Do we have a tireshop sponsor anymore?

        Originally posted by thgear
        a "racers" discount

        i have spoken to them on the phone when looking for tires and inquired about said discount

        i asked if they offered members of the solo 1/2 community any sort of discounts and they said yes, and that they would need some sort of proof (i'm going to assume our casc-or liscenses would be sufficient)

        however they would not give me a quote over the phone for tires/wheels and said i would have to come to them.

        thinking it over i realized that the gas i would spend driving to them without being sure what the discountw as and even if i was gonna make a purchase i decided to abandon the idea all together

        but i too, was under the impression that a discount was offered to members of the solo1/2 community.....


        also! i too would like to know whats a good tire shop to go to. I need old tires taken off without damage and new ones put on.

        and maybe an alignment while i'm at it
        Sponsors are great and all that, but you sure can't beat $36 at Costco for tire mounting (and balancing!!!!). The new one here is Ottawa west has brand new machines that do a great job, with zero rim scratches. They mounted my Hoosiers without a problem, and they actually use a torque wrench EVERY TIME!
        Arek Wojciechowski
        8legs Racing, SPC #77
        http://www.8legsRacing.com

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Do we have a tireshop sponsor anymore?

          costco you say....
          set tire pressures to winning!

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Do we have a tireshop sponsor anymore?

            Originally posted by thgear
            costco you say....
            Yup ... I was a bit hesitant (think walmart tire dudes ... *shudder*). But I actually watched them do it, and it seemed like they knew what they were doing. I talked to the guy for a bit, and he said they get the machines serviced every 3 months, and make sure everything is properly caliberated. Anyway, for people like us who flip tires all the time, $36 a pop can't be beat.

            The only issues is that they will refuse to mount the tires on the car if they are race tires, since they look like there is no tread left (at least at the Ottawa one) ... you'll have to bring them in off the car. Some crap about liability
            Arek Wojciechowski
            8legs Racing, SPC #77
            http://www.8legsRacing.com

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Do we have a tireshop sponsor anymore?

              I just spoke to Jeff at Tire World 905-677-Tire. He will give you a deal on mounting. You are looking between 15 to 35 dollars depending on the type of wheel and the type of weights.

              Jeff can quote you on any tire. Race Tires included. In the 20 plus years that Williams has been dealing with Jeff (Tire World)I have never found anyone cheaper or more responsible.

              Please ask for Jeff,Sham or Greg. They are located just off of Steels in Brampton.

              They are Interested in your business. They also carry the largest Inventory of used tires in the GTA. I usually pick up my lapping tires here for 25 bucks each mounted and installed(this price includes the used Toyo)

              905-677-Tire
              Last edited by neon boy; 05-18-2006, 12:47 PM.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Do we have a tireshop sponsor anymore?

                steeles goes all the way to brampton... shit....
                set tire pressures to winning!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Do we have a tireshop sponsor anymore?

                  Originally posted by ScotcH
                  Sponsors are great and all that, but you sure can't beat $36 at Costco for tire mounting (and balancing!!!!). The new one here is Ottawa west has brand new machines that do a great job, with zero rim scratches. They mounted my Hoosiers without a problem, and they actually use a torque wrench EVERY TIME!

                  I used to go to costco all the time. The last time I went (a year ago to mount my R comps) there they told me they were no longer touching tires that were not purchased from a costco store. I went to both the mississauga locations and brampton location and that is their policy. I haven't tried driving to any of the ones on the east end.

                  Johnston and Magwood on Mavis and Burhamthrope said they will fix my leaky tire if it can be fixed for 25 bucks. Which includes demounting tire, finding hole. Patching hole. Each additional hole is 6 bucks more. New valve stem. Mount the tire, new weight, and balance it. That and they are 2 lights south of where I live. Finally someone close by who seems reputable. I remember moving into my area back in 1993. They were there. They are still there, so they must be somewhat reputable.
                  Car # 87 - 1989 Mazda Rx-7 TurboII Solo 1
                  Way too many PIPs...

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Do we have a tireshop sponsor anymore?

                    Johnston & Magwood have been operating continuously in Mississauga since 1945. With over 2000 tires in inventory, we have Michelin, BFGoodrich, Uniroyal, Bridgestone, Firestone and Yokohama tires. From a four-season passenger tire to the Ultra High Performance Tire we have them in stock.

                    Our Tire Services are the most extensive in the city. From mounting and balancing the simplest of tires, to mounting the most expensive tires and wheels. Flat repairs are done properly from the inside and we have a complete tire maintenance shop.

                    Quote from their website.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Do we have a tireshop sponsor anymore?

                      Originally posted by jason_alt
                      Sam's club will do a set of 4 for $40... need a membership though.
                      Leave It to WalMart.

                      Great price!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Do we have a tireshop sponsor anymore?

                        Just got back.
                        25 bucks.

                        They couldn't find any nails or screw or whatever after demounting the tire. They suspect that there was a section on the bead that didn't have enough sealant applied. They remounted it.

                        In and out in under 15 mins. NICE! i love speed.
                        Car # 87 - 1989 Mazda Rx-7 TurboII Solo 1
                        Way too many PIPs...

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Do we have a tireshop sponsor anymore?

                          any you guys need tires flipped I'm in ajax if that helps anyone give me a call
                          Steve @ 905 426 8922
                          86 GLHS #315
                          05 SRT4 S3 #166
                          Sponcered by Fast Trac /ftrac.org

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Do we have a tireshop sponsor anymore?

                            Originally posted by neon boy
                            I just spoke to Jeff at Tire World 905-677-Tire. He will give you a deal on mounting. You are looking between 15 to 35 dollars depending on the type of wheel and the type of weights.
                            For a set of four? I paid WTZ over $90 last year! And he was done in 30 minutes.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Do we have a tireshop sponsor anymore?

                              Originally posted by CobraStang
                              For a set of four? I paid WTZ over $90 last year! And he was done in 30 minutes.

                              woohoooo! I beat you. He charged me 80 bucks. I distinctively remember the sign on his counter said mount and balance tires $20 /tire.

                              Which is why i'm not pleased, andrew used to advertise back on the old racing.kos.net casc forum that casc members and thus solo1/2 people get a discount. I called him over the phone last year trying to find a place to mount tires. I told him i was a casc member and asked how much to mount 4 R comps. He said 80, i asked if that was with casc discount. He said yup. I show up drop off tires. When I went to go pay him at his counter the standard shop rate sign said 20/tire. I was not impressed. I would've been happier if he said, sorry there is no discount for competitors for mounting tires, rather than him lying to my face and over the phone.

                              Then he tried to charge me 30 bucks for a can of ATE super blue? I said thanks, i'll pass and as I left I saw Internation Automotive trim and custom and stopped. They sold me a can of ATE super blue for 22 tax in. Wow.
                              Car # 87 - 1989 Mazda Rx-7 TurboII Solo 1
                              Way too many PIPs...

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X