A HUGE Thanks to Pete Mills & Northern Motorsports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A HUGE Thanks to Pete Mills & Northern Motorsports

I would have posted this sooner, but my computer was in much the same shape as the Mustang on Friday morning just before Event #1.

At 9am Friday morning 3500lbs of Ford iron was sitting in the driveway, looking hopelessly lost on jackstands with a big pool of leaking brake fluid on the driveway. At 10pm the night before I finally gave up trying to patch a leak following a botched install of my braided brakes lines. BTW, should you ever need to remove those pesky threads... give me a call...

A quick call to the local Ford dealer confirmed the worst. "You need what? How could you possibly need a main brake line for a 4 month-old car? We don't even stock those yet. It'll be 3-5 business days to import one from the US". Damn threads indeed.

So, with the season clearly a hopeless loss before it even started, I decided to give Pete Mills at Northern Motorsports a call. Pete, who I could clearly hear snickering under his breath (he had, afterall, offered to do this for me a month earlier), said "the guys are pretty busy, let me check and get back to you". Barely 2 minutes past.

Q: "How soon can you be here?"
    A: "I'll call CAA"

I have to admit... I never thought my first call to CAA would be trying to get TO the first event of the season.

CAA was at my door in 15 minutes (!), hooked me up, and dragged me across town to Northern. By 10:30 the car was sitting in Stoney Creek and Pete was clearly getting plenty of kicks out of saving my clumsy ass. "Installation error" you say?

By 4:30 the car was sitting outside, the botched brake line repaired, the remainder of the steel lines installed, and Pete giving me one final smack on the back of the head.

And so it went that my weekend went from mowing the lawn to a nearly flawless weekend.

Pete, a HUGE thanks for bailing me out this weekend and I owe both of my class victories to you and your guys.

But, you'd better be careful Pete... Hanif might be looking for you after he reads this.
    Chris Atkins
    Member of the Road Course Mustang Brotherhood (1/2/2007)

06 Mustang GT (SGT3)
    07 Mazdaspeed3

(FOR SALE)
    91 Mustang GT SGT2

Gone to oil country!

Re: A HUGE Thanks to Pete Mills & Northern Motorsports

Originally posted by Chris91GT

But, you'd better be careful Pete... Hanif might be looking for you after he reads this.
    Haha - no worries. My plans for DDT already include uber tires

No need to involve Pete

Comment

Originally posted by h-bomb
      My plans for DDT already include uber tires

Andy
      Mobil 1 Time Attack - #96

Comment

No need to involve Pete
        LOL.
        Chris Atkins

06 Mustang GT (SGT3)
        07 Mazdaspeed3

(FOR SALE)
        91 Mustang GT SGT2

Gone to oil country!

Comment

Do you also owe Pete your double yellow flag run on sunday morning?

I've been in a few situations like that before. Props to nice people working on great cars.
          Team SGR Advanced Driving
          For people who live life in the Driver's seat.
          www.TeamSGR.com

Comment

Pete RoxorZ. I can just imagine his grin as you pulled in.

Comment

I would have posted this sooner, but my computer was in much the same shape as the Mustang on Friday morning just before Event #1.

At 9am Friday morning 3500lbs of Ford iron was sitting in the driveway, looking hopelessly lost on jackstands with a big pool of leaking brake fluid on the driveway. At 10pm the night before I finally gave up trying to patch a leak following a botched install of my braided brakes lines. BTW, should you ever need to remove those pesky threads... give me a call...

A quick call to the local Ford dealer confirmed the worst. "You need what? How could you possibly need a main brake line for a 4 month-old car? We don't even stock those yet. It'll be 3-5 business days to import one from the US". Damn threads indeed.

So, with the season clearly a hopeless loss before it even started, I decided to give Pete Mills at Northern Motorsports a call. Pete, who I could clearly hear snickering under his breath (he had, afterall, offered to do this for me a month earlier), said "the guys are pretty busy, let me check and get back to you". Barely 2 minutes past.

Q: "How soon can you be here?"
              A: "I'll call CAA"

I have to admit... I never thought my first call to CAA would be trying to get TO the first event of the season.

CAA was at my door in 15 minutes (!), hooked me up, and dragged me across town to Northern. By 10:30 the car was sitting in Stoney Creek and Pete was clearly getting plenty of kicks out of saving my clumsy ass. "Installation error" you say?

By 4:30 the car was sitting outside, the botched brake line repaired, the remainder of the steel lines installed, and Pete giving me one final smack on the back of the head.

And so it went that my weekend went from mowing the lawn to a nearly flawless weekend.

Pete, a HUGE thanks for bailing me out this weekend and I owe both of my class victories to you and your guys.

Heh. Well, I will try to avoid any ill wishing fron Hanif.

And, thanks should go to our service department. Paul was able to slip Chris in, and get him sorted out. Enough that he was able to drive away a car that got towed in.

Chris, anytime. Sometimes stuff works out. I am just glad we were able to help out, even though it seems to have put a damper on Hanif's weekend.
              Pete Mills
              Cheap, fast, reliable. Choose 2.

Comment

It's a good thing we're going to a Mustang track next. Torque + grip + uber tires + complient suspension = lovin' the DDT curbing.
                Chris Atkins

06 Mustang GT (SGT3)
                07 Mazdaspeed3

(FOR SALE)
                91 Mustang GT SGT2

Gone to oil country!

Comment

It's a good thing we're going to a Mustang track next. Torque + grip + uber tires + complient suspension = lovin' the DDT curbing.
                  Haha - thanks for the laugh

Comment

Anytime... I'll even throw in the view of the taillights free of charge.
                    Chris Atkins

06 Mustang GT (SGT3)
                    07 Mazdaspeed3

(FOR SALE)
                    91 Mustang GT SGT2

Gone to oil country!

Comment

Working...
                    X