Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MWAHAHA A low class killa is on da loose!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MWAHAHA A low class killa is on da loose!

So the motor and everything with my rx-7 is taking a millenia so i had to find something to race with for this year. I dont want to buy another car to race with cause i want to save as much money as possible to finish the rx. I have my 96 accent, but figured it too slow to compete, unfortunatly this thought caused me to miss my first event, beacause...I was busy putting in a 2 litre tiburon motor! I have to say the little car is now suprisingly quick with this combination...Can't wait for the next event and tear it up on the track!
    sold! 2004 dodge srt-4
    purchased: 96 Hyundai accent, incredibly slow
    update: the accent has been reengineered with a 2 litre tiburon motor!

Re: MWAHAHA A low class killa is on da loose!

What suspension will you be using on your accent?
    Just call me "G"
    2000 Honda Insight
    2005 Mazda Miata

Comment

so what class we talking?
      Andy
      Mobil 1 Time Attack - #96

Comment

A high powered Accent going around the track on its door handles may be slower than a stock Accent trying to find its door handles. What suspension are you running??

Comment

nice, ill have my R ready for the next event, im just waiting on a clutch. See you there beyatch.

Last edited by Boostgod; 06-14-2006, 10:37 AM.
          Benjamin Freeling

'98 ITR ('05 season)
          GT2 SOLO 1

New Car for 2010:
          '92 Civic DX #187
          GT4-S

Comment

bring it on sean.... make em pay
            Former CCC member, and shit disturber

winner of a bunch of different classes over many years

breaker of parts, burner of engines

CREATOR OF "ULTIMATE DOOM 570SX"

Comment

here i thought i might actualy have a full class....
              set tire pressures to winning!

Comment

umm, you're suppossed to lift up the engine with the engine hoist, not the car! hahaha, nice pic

I heard that you can take a stock hyundai sonata and put a DSM engine in it, now that would be a sleeper!
                "Racing is life. Everything else is just waiting."

Comment

Originally posted by Terrh
                  umm, you're suppossed to lift up the engine with the engine hoist, not the car! hahaha, nice pic

I heard that you can take a stock hyundai sonata and put a DSM engine in it, now that would be a sleeper!
                  Ya you can and people have...the old excels and sonatas used the 4g63 engine so its a bolt-on swap to a 4g63t.

Im not really sure what class im in yet, Im going to weigh the car and submit it for classification.

I plan to be running stock suspension with r-comps, depending on were i end up in the classing. Hopefully its not too soft that it'll roll-over, i guess well see! can't wait to see everyone again at the track!
                  sold! 2004 dodge srt-4

Comment

Originally posted by incubus_boader
                    Ya you can and people have...the old excels and sonatas used the 4g63 engine so its a bolt-on swap to a 4g63t.

Im not really sure what class im in yet, Im going to weigh the car and submit it for classification.

I plan to be running stock suspension with r-comps, depending on were i end up in the classing. Hopefully its not too soft that it'll roll-over, i guess well see! can't wait to see everyone again at the track!
                    Just remember that you need a roll bar and fire extinguisher, or > 4 bPIPs before you can submit a race a weight.
                    Arek Wojciechowski
                    8legs Racing, SPC #77
                    http://www.8legsRacing.com

Comment

I thought that with a motor swap you were allowed to submit a race weight?
                      sold! 2004 dodge srt-4

Comment

It's easy to get 4bpips anyways. remove a single headlight (1bpip), a piece of the A/C (0.5bpip) (if equipped), a few pieces of interior trim (2bpip), take the button to open your sunroof off (1bpip) (if equipped), remove some padding from your passenger seat (1bpip), etc.

If you want to weigh your car, it's not hard to be allowed to.
                        Andy
                        Mobil 1 Time Attack - #96

Comment

Originally posted by incubus_boader
                          I thought that with a motor swap you were allowed to submit a race weight?
                          Ummmm .... that was a test to see if you read the rule book
                          Arek Wojciechowski
                          8legs Racing, SPC #77

Comment

Originally posted by G-ForceJunkie
                            It's easy to get 4bpips anyways. remove a single headlight (1bpip), a piece of the A/C (0.5bpip) (if equipped), a few pieces of interior trim (2bpip), take the button to open your sunroof off (1bpip) (if equipped), remove some padding from your passenger seat (1bpip), etc.

If you want to weigh your car, it's not hard to be allowed to.
                            bpips are doubled though aren't they? At least according to the CCDB.

Comment

Originally posted by slai
                              bpips are doubled though aren't they? At least according to the CCDB.
                              Depends on your HP, and bPIPs are always bPIPs. They get factored when the conversion is applied (based on HP). However, the race weight rule is for > 4 bPIPs, which is the same for everyone.
                              Arek Wojciechowski
                              8legs Racing, SPC #77

Comment

Working...
                              X