Rollcage rules: Solosprint vs. Race Regs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rollcage rules: Solosprint vs. Race Regs

Just out of curiosity, why do Solosprint rules require larger tubing than wheel-to-wheel racing? I would've assumed the opposite.

Racing requires 1.500 x 0.095 tubing for cars above 2500lbs in chromoly but Solosprint requires 2.000 x 0.095 tubing.

Re: Rollcage rules: Solosprint vs. Race Regs

Comment

SoloSprint rollbar dimensions are for rollbars, while race dimensions are for roll cages that provide a lot more strenght than roll bars.

Comment

Gotcha. Thanks for the clarification.

Comment

Are you really using chromoly? Seems like a waste of money, and it needs to be done correctly (not many shops know how to do this).
          Arek Wojciechowski
          8legs Racing, SPC #77
          http://www.8legsRacing.com

Comment

Originally posted by ScotcH
            Are you really using chromoly? Seems like a waste of money, and it needs to be done correctly (not many shops know how to do this).
            I'm not sure yet. I'm still researching which is why I'm going through all the rules too. I was originally just going to install a rollbar then scale up to a cage, but I've reconsidered and decided to save up for a 6-pt right off the bat instead which also gives me more time to research and talk to more builders.

Comment

Working...
            X