X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Lapping at TMP on July 28'06 1pm - 8pm

Originally posted by Jasonoff
    No need to get snotty.
    Lol ... your post indicated an indifferrence (or more specifically, a put down) on safety. I simply replied in the same condesending tone.

Does this mean I should have installed a solo 1 regulation roll bar in my car to increase my chances of survival in a rollover on the highway? Or better yet maybe I should be wearing a helmet at all times.

This is a lapping day not a competition. I fully agree with the strict rollover protection rules for competition. If I start competing with this car a bar WILL be installed.

However, I don't compete when I'm at a lapping day. Maybe that's why you do not understand my point.
    If you serisouly believe that lapping is closer to street driving than to competition, you really need to give your head a shake.

It's unfortunate ScotcH has rolled his car before. But I'd like to ask how and what was he doing to do so?

However if harping on me because I'm bummed out I can't take my production (According to Honda engineers) rollover safe vehicle to a lapping day because they have to stick to solo1 rules due to insurance reasons makes you feel better then be my guest.
    It was turn 1 at Nelson, DURING A LAPPING SESSION. My "harping" has nothing to do with insurance ... I now have a cage in my car, since I didn't like the feeling of the roof on my neck and shoulder, and I'd like to help save others from the same potential danger.

Anyhow this has been beeten to death. Lets not clutter up this "lapping day" thread any more than it already has.
    You're right ... you asked about the roll-over protection rules, then when given an answer, you could have accepted it and moved on ... instead you chose to post a comment on the validity of the rule, and our high regard for safety. There is always Battle Endless lapping if you feel that safe already in your car.
    Arek Wojciechowski
    8legs Racing, SPC #77
    http://www.8legsRacing.com

Comment

Originally posted by ScotcH
      you asked about the roll-over protection rules
      Wrong. I asked if convertables were allowed to lap.
      then when given an answer, ... you chose to post a comment on the validity of the rule
      Wrong again! I confirmed your post stating solo1 rules only for lapping and said "bummer". In no way did I make any such comment about disregard for safety. I can't lap and yes that's a bummer.
      you could have accepted it and moved on
      I did. Then you felt the need to attack with a un necessary comment
      If you serisouly believe that lapping is closer to street driving than to competition, you really need to give your head a shake.....if you feel that safe already in your car.
      Your assumptions made the best of you here.
      2010 C63 AMG - (Calcite White)
      2000 Honda S2000 - (Silverstone)

If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

Comment

I'm only going by what you posted. Sorry ... you got me on the technicalities ... I am humbled, and I apologize. Be safe out there, whatever you do. I hope to see you at one of our events, with proper roll over protection in the future.
        Arek Wojciechowski
        8legs Racing, SPC #77
        http://www.8legsRacing.com

Comment

No worries...

Comment

I think that these lapping days allow S2000's without a rollbar:

http://www.toronto-subaru-club.com/f...ad.php?t=91940

http://www.toronto-subaru-club.com/f...ad.php?t=92520
            sigpic

Stephen, SPDA VP, OTA Director, CCC Member
            OTA: SGT1 ! -=- CSCS: SSA #842

Comment

Originally posted by Slowpoke
              Ya they do. Actually quite a few clubs and schools allow the S2000 without an aftermarket rollbar. It's only the clubs that have insurance for "competition" that don't. No biggie that's why I checked.

Comment

Approximately 6 weeks ago there was a lapping day for the Asian crowd at the big track at Mosport. A brand new Honda S2000 attended that event as well. Half way through turn 1 he panicked, touched the brake, and totally demolished his ride. He didn't roll but if he had he wouldn't be alive to buy another one.

Safety is the issue and even though they are classified as lapping days, comparable cars always seem to challenge each other to the limit.
                Chuck Atkins

Ontario 1500 Motorsport Adventure Organizer
                Former CASC-OR Ontario Time Attack Director
                Former ASN Canada FIA SoloSport Ontario Rep

Comment

TMP indicated that the Friday Lapping will be extended until 8:30pm.

JohnP

Comment

Originally posted by John P
                    TMP indicated that the Friday Lapping will be extended until 8:30pm.

JohnP
                    I'm planning on doing as much lapping as I can on friday evening, since I haven't been to this track before.

Having said that, registration will be opening after 8:30 (not 8 pm as originally planned)... I hope you guys don't mind
                    Ana Santos

Comment

Never mind.

Comment

Ya they do. Actually quite a few clubs and schools allow the S2000 without an aftermarket rollbar. It's only the clubs that have insurance for "competition" that don't. No biggie that's why I checked.
                        I may be stupid but I will not get into a car without all my safety gear, I will not get into a convertible without a roll bar and I will not take my car to the track without some roll over protection. I have seen enough people roll their cars, crash into walls and walk away, they were lucky and if I can do anything to incase my chances I will. I want some issuance.
                        There is only one question if the worst happens do you want to live? I do !!

I asked a man once on how much I should spend on a helmet.. .He said that if you have a 2$ brain buy a 2$ helmet I quickly opted out of the 2$ helmet.
                        Now CrITical Inc.
                        Misssion Critical It solutions for your business.

Comment

Not really sure why I read through this thread. I must have been bored but my S2000 (yes I still have it ) is equipped with racing seats, 6pt harness and a roll bar now.

Originally posted by nowcritical View Post
                          I asked a man once on how much I should spend on a helmet.. .He said that if you have a 2$ brain buy a 2$ helmet I quickly opted out of the 2$ helmet.
                          IIRC I paid about $900 is for my current helmet. BUT...I'd like to think my brain is worth more than that though
                          Last edited by Jasonoff; 08-23-2011, 11:19 AM.

Comment

Nice setup. Maybe you want to come to the Ontario Time Attack event this weekend Aug. 26-28 at Mosport GP Track. You can come one day or all three days. Friday lapping only $215. Full three day weekend $495. Who ever heard of these low prices for Mosport GP.

JohnP
                            S2000 in GT3

Comment

Working...
                            X