X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John P
    replied
    Re: Lapping at TMP on July 28'06 1pm - 8pm

Nice setup. Maybe you want to come to the Ontario Time Attack event this weekend Aug. 26-28 at Mosport GP Track. You can come one day or all three days. Friday lapping only $215. Full three day weekend $495. Who ever heard of these low prices for Mosport GP.

JohnP
    S2000 in GT3

Leave a comment:

• Jasonoff
    replied

Not really sure why I read through this thread. I must have been bored but my S2000 (yes I still have it ) is equipped with racing seats, 6pt harness and a roll bar now.

Originally posted by nowcritical View Post
    I asked a man once on how much I should spend on a helmet.. .He said that if you have a 2$ brain buy a 2$ helmet I quickly opted out of the 2$ helmet.
    IIRC I paid about $900 is for my current helmet. BUT...I'd like to think my brain is worth more than that though
    Last edited by Jasonoff; 08-23-2011, 11:19 AM.

Leave a comment:

• nowcritical
    replied

Originally posted by Jasonoff
    Ya they do. Actually quite a few clubs and schools allow the S2000 without an aftermarket rollbar. It's only the clubs that have insurance for "competition" that don't. No biggie that's why I checked.
    I may be stupid but I will not get into a car without all my safety gear, I will not get into a convertible without a roll bar and I will not take my car to the track without some roll over protection. I have seen enough people roll their cars, crash into walls and walk away, they were lucky and if I can do anything to incase my chances I will. I want some issuance.
    There is only one question if the worst happens do you want to live? I do !!

I asked a man once on how much I should spend on a helmet.. .He said that if you have a 2$ brain buy a 2$ helmet I quickly opted out of the 2$ helmet.

Leave a comment:

• Rick S
    replied

Never mind.

Leave a comment:

• Anamaria
    replied

Originally posted by John P
    TMP indicated that the Friday Lapping will be extended until 8:30pm.

JohnP
    I'm planning on doing as much lapping as I can on friday evening, since I haven't been to this track before.

Having said that, registration will be opening after 8:30 (not 8 pm as originally planned)... I hope you guys don't mind

Leave a comment:

• John P
    replied

TMP indicated that the Friday Lapping will be extended until 8:30pm.

JohnP

Leave a comment:

• Chuck Atkins
    replied

Approximately 6 weeks ago there was a lapping day for the Asian crowd at the big track at Mosport. A brand new Honda S2000 attended that event as well. Half way through turn 1 he panicked, touched the brake, and totally demolished his ride. He didn't roll but if he had he wouldn't be alive to buy another one.

Safety is the issue and even though they are classified as lapping days, comparable cars always seem to challenge each other to the limit.

Leave a comment:

• Jasonoff
    replied

Originally posted by Slowpoke
    Ya they do. Actually quite a few clubs and schools allow the S2000 without an aftermarket rollbar. It's only the clubs that have insurance for "competition" that don't. No biggie that's why I checked.

Leave a comment:

• Slowpoke
    replied

I think that these lapping days allow S2000's without a rollbar:

http://www.toronto-subaru-club.com/f...ad.php?t=91940

http://www.toronto-subaru-club.com/f...ad.php?t=92520

Leave a comment:

• Jasonoff
    replied

No worries...

Leave a comment:

• ScotcH
    replied

I'm only going by what you posted. Sorry ... you got me on the technicalities ... I am humbled, and I apologize. Be safe out there, whatever you do. I hope to see you at one of our events, with proper roll over protection in the future.

Leave a comment:

• Jasonoff
    replied

Originally posted by ScotcH
    you asked about the roll-over protection rules
    Wrong. I asked if convertables were allowed to lap.
    then when given an answer, ... you chose to post a comment on the validity of the rule
    Wrong again! I confirmed your post stating solo1 rules only for lapping and said "bummer". In no way did I make any such comment about disregard for safety. I can't lap and yes that's a bummer.
    you could have accepted it and moved on
    I did. Then you felt the need to attack with a un necessary comment
    If you serisouly believe that lapping is closer to street driving than to competition, you really need to give your head a shake.....if you feel that safe already in your car.
    Your assumptions made the best of you here.

Leave a comment:

• ScotcH
    replied

No need to get snotty.
    Lol ... your post indicated an indifferrence (or more specifically, a put down) on safety. I simply replied in the same condesending tone.

Does this mean I should have installed a solo 1 regulation roll bar in my car to increase my chances of survival in a rollover on the highway? Or better yet maybe I should be wearing a helmet at all times.

This is a lapping day not a competition. I fully agree with the strict rollover protection rules for competition. If I start competing with this car a bar WILL be installed.

However, I don't compete when I'm at a lapping day. Maybe that's why you do not understand my point.
    If you serisouly believe that lapping is closer to street driving than to competition, you really need to give your head a shake.

It's unfortunate ScotcH has rolled his car before. But I'd like to ask how and what was he doing to do so?

However if harping on me because I'm bummed out I can't take my production (According to Honda engineers) rollover safe vehicle to a lapping day because they have to stick to solo1 rules due to insurance reasons makes you feel better then be my guest.
    It was turn 1 at Nelson, DURING A LAPPING SESSION. My "harping" has nothing to do with insurance ... I now have a cage in my car, since I didn't like the feeling of the roof on my neck and shoulder, and I'd like to help save others from the same potential danger.

Anyhow this has been beeten to death. Lets not clutter up this "lapping day" thread any more than it already has.
    You're right ... you asked about the roll-over protection rules, then when given an answer, you could have accepted it and moved on ... instead you chose to post a comment on the validity of the rule, and our high regard for safety. There is always Battle Endless lapping if you feel that safe already in your car.

Leave a comment:

• Jasonoff
    replied

Originally posted by Chris91GT
    This is competition, not street driving, and thus we have stiffer safety rules for rollovers.
    This is a lapping day not a competition. I fully agree with the strict rollover protection rules for competition. If I start competing with this car a bar WILL be installed.

However, I don't compete when I'm at a lapping day. Maybe that's why you do not understand my point.

Anyhow this has been beeten to death. Lets not clutter up this "lapping day" thread any more than it already has.

Leave a comment:

• Chris91GT
    replied

Safety starts with the driver. I don't push it at lapping days as I'm just there to have fun and hopefully improve my skills. I agree anything can happen at speed but the same can be said off the track. Does this mean I should have installed a solo 1 regulation roll bar in my car to increase my chances of survival in a rollover on the highway? Or better yet maybe I should be wearing a helmet at all times.

The s2000 believe it or not has excellent rollover production in stock form. Just as good if not better than any hard top vehicle out there. I agree if I was strapped in a racing seat with a 4-5 pt harness and pushing my car at or just beyond my limits that's a different story.

It's unfortunate ScotcH has rolled his car before. But I'd like to ask how and what was he doing to do so?

However if harping on me because I'm bummed out I can't take my production (According to Honda engineers) rollover safe vehicle to a lapping day because they have to stick to solo1 rules due to insurance reasons makes you feel better then be my guest.
    Honda engineers will not certify that you will have any form of protection if you roll your car at 160+kph (200+kph on the big track at Mosport). This is competition, not street driving, and thus we have stiffer safety rules for rollovers.

The full-width SoloSprint roll hoop provides not only a stiffer structure, but also a larger contact patch. In the event that you were to roll in the grass (most likely scenario) your stock roll hoops may well simply dig into the grass, thereby substituting you head and neck for the factory rollover protection. There was an open wheel fatality a few years back from this exact scenario.

The reality is that the unexpected can happen at any time. You don't plan for the suspension failure entering turn 1 at 160kph while "only" driving at 7/10ths, but it happens. What happens after that is totally out of your/our hands. You're on your own on the street, but out here, it's SoloSprint and the organizers who are on the line and due diligence requires that we take all reasonable precautions to ensure our competitors' safety... and avoid decade-long lawsuits.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X