Yet another class question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yet another class question...

My car looks like a Mini but is far from being an actual Mini. It's tube frame, Ford Powered, RWD, yada yada....The list goes on. Am I reading the Solo1 classifications correctly in assuming that since the car is a tube frame I'm instantly in Open Modified?

I'm making some changes to the car (still a work in progress), what specific safety items should I be aware of? Is fire supression required in Open Modified?

Regards,

Paul
    1990 Supercharged Ecotec Miata

Re: Yet another class question...

Paul,

The difference between Modified and Open Modified comes down to whether your car was at one time a production car or street legal. If it was registered for the road, ie: has a VIN, then it is in Modified, if not it is in the mixed bag of all purpose built race cars Open Modified.

If there were enough race cars running, we could split up Open Modified as a Formula V and a Formula Atlantic would both be in the same class as the current rules are written. However, since we have not had any Open Modified cars this year there is no rush to split this class any further.

Ron

Comment

Re: Yet another class question...

Originally posted by Ron View Post
      Paul,

The difference between Modified and Open Modified comes down to whether your car was at one time a production car or street legal. If it was registered for the road, ie: has a VIN, then it is in Modified, if not it is in the mixed bag of all purpose built race cars Open Modified.

If there were enough race cars running, we could split up Open Modified as a Formula V and a Formula Atlantic would both be in the same class as the current rules are written. However, since we have not had any Open Modified cars this year there is no rush to split this class any further.

Ron
      Ah, well yes my car at one time, not by me, was a production car. I have a registration slip for it and everthing. Ok, so Modified then.

Paul
      1990 Supercharged Ecotec Miata

Comment

Working...
      X