1987 CASC Rule Book?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1987 CASC Rule Book?

I was wondering if anyone has access to a copy of the CASC gt3 rules for 1987? I have been fixing up an old CASC 1978 Civic for vintage here in the states and with some organizations, they are very particular that the cars comply with the old rules. That's fine with me, I just don't know what those rules are. The first log book entry is in Sept 1987.

Re: 1987 CASC Rule Book?

Here are the 1989 regulations from the VARAC website. If you prep to these rules you will be fine.

http://varac.ca/varac/documents/rule...SC-GT-regs.pdf

Regards,

Jon

Comment

Thank you for the help! That helps a lot. The document you linked keeps referring to a "CASC Recognition Form" If someone happens to have a old copy of that file I would appreciate it.

Comment

The link works for me, I see a rules and competition regulations book.

Comment

There must be some miscommunication, in my second post I never mentioned a link not working? In fact I specifically mentioned the "CASC Recognition Form" that those linked pages kept referring to. I am pretty sure that is specifics for each model like weight, and engine size, etc. Thanks again for the help.

Comment

Still looking for a "CASC Recognition Form" for the 1970's civic from CASC. The 1978 Civic is just barely accepted for vintage in some groups here on the west coast. I think proper documentation of the rules the car was originally built to may help. I did contact CASC and they were super nice, but didn't have the papers. They recommended I post here.
            Last edited by don foreman; 07-04-2014, 12:07 AM.

Comment

Don I was not around racing at that time so I am not familiar with this form. Sorry, but can anyone else remember this form? Dave King?

Regards,

Jon

Comment

Is this Jamie Housemans old Honda?
                Never mind that... I just looked at your "info" and there it was.
                I'll give JH a call and see what he has and I'll have a look through my "archive".
                It started out as a CVCC but I don't think it ran with that engine in it.
                Fast car! (and it wasn't the driver :>))
                Last edited by slucas; 07-08-2014, 02:54 PM.

Comment

I have the Recognition forms for my Datsun 510 but not for a Honda Civic.
                  These forms were unique to each make and model of car.
                  I have no idea where the masters went or who might have one for a
                  Honda . Maybe Jamie Houseman if someone knew how to get hold
                  of him.

Comment

I miss this car! It certainly could do a quick time.

Comment

Originally posted by DEK View Post
                      I have the Recognition forms for my Datsun 510 but not for a Honda Civic.
                      These forms were unique to each make and model of car.
                      I have no idea where the masters went or who might have one for a
                      Honda . Maybe Jamie Houseman if someone knew how to get hold
                      of him.
                      If you wish to contact Jamie (and Don, I remember seeing Jamie drive your car around Shannonville Motorsport Park), here is his website:

http://www.housemanautosport.com/

Has his phone number and email info.

Reg

Comment

Don

I think that I have that recognition sheet for my Civic - it's a '76 1200 .
                        I'll check when I get home tonight and let you know on Monday .

Bruce

Comment

Thank you for all the help! I did contact Jamie years ago and he sent me a lot of old pictures but didn't have much left rules wise.

Comment

Don

I do have the Recognition Form for my car - '76 1200 .
                            The form is dated 1 Dec '79 and it shows it as a GT 3 .
                            I sent you an email on Monday , but perhaps your spam
                            filter did not like me .

Bruce

Comment

Bruce, thank you for the help. I had a very old email listed. I just updated it!

Comment

Working...
                              X