RACing sLICKS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RACing sLICKS

Is anyone interested in buyin 4 slightly used Racing slicks, not R compounds , we are talking about Competition Use Only Tires.

The size is 250/590R15 they can fit on a 15x7.5 to 15x10 wheel
    they are made by Yokohama and for the INDY lights.

They were used at the molson Indy in Toronto for a few laps and then it started to rain, so they never got the full use of the tire and toss them out for people to take.

They have a lot of Tread left and i do believe they were heat cycled. These are very sticky tires and i was told these tires are worth over $1500 new , so i'm looking for any offers. ( not asking for $1500 but a few $100 would be nice )

I'm sorry i do not have any pictures because right now i'm out of town , but i can bring them to SOLO2 event when i get back from vacation and take pictures when i get back for the those who want it .

any questions feel free to send me e-mail @ gianpaolo@borgo.com

thanks
    1987 VW GOLF GTi #76 FSP

You need to be very careful about running slicks destined for formula cars on a sedan. Even with downforce, the weight of the formula car is well below what a sedan will put onto a tire.

Maybe for slaloms, on a small car, but definitely not for track use.
    Pete Mills
    www.wheelandtirezone.com

Comment

non- dot tires need a Roll bar or Roll Cage for those that might not know
      Last edited by DuPontRacing; 07-26-2003, 02:59 PM.
      1987 VW GOLF GTi #76 FSP

Comment

Don't forget that in addition to the roll bar and belts you can only use in the mod classes,all other classes require dot legal rubber.(this in reference to solo 2 requirements).

Comment

Oh yeah I don't care for someone getting free tires and then trying to sell for a few $100.If you got for free and can't use them a small finders fee is a much more realistic asking price.

Comment

Originally posted by ice/solo racer
            Oh yeah I don't care for someone getting free tires and then trying to sell for a few $100.If you got for free and can't use them a small finders fee is a much more realistic asking price.
            But wouldn't that be like asking someone who won a car in a lottery to just give it to you at a discounted price because of his good fortune? Now don't get me wrong I have no idea what these things are worth, but I don't see the point in that comment.
            TrackMart
            If you are thinking it's not possible...
            ...It's possible you aren't thinking!

Comment

the use of racing slicks results in the car being bumped to Mod class in Solo 1 as well, requiring the car and driver to then meet at Mod class safety regulations.
              The bearded weirdo from Speed Academy

Comment

Winning a car and selling to a stranger is one thing,getting free tires and trying to turn around a make a whack of cash within our community is another.
                Forgive me as I'm not from the big city-around here we don't make a habit of f***king our friends.

Comment

Winning a car and selling to a stranger is one thing,getting free tires and trying to turn around a make a whack of cash within our community is another.
                  Forgive me as I'm not from the big city-around here we don't make a habit of f***king our friends.

oh boy, lets all take a deep breath....
                  Make Haste Racing .... Andrew Cordeiro

Comment

LOL, so what kind of discount do you normally give to friends on things you sell?
                    TrackMart

Comment

I assume you mean I things I received for free?

Comment

You seemed to imply that you sell things to friends and a better price then someone you do not know. So I was trying to find out what discounted price you give to people you know. Of course I say this as I glance over at the corolla
                        TrackMart

Comment

Just our cousins.

Sorry, it was just to easy to pass up.

Comment

I can assure you that the car you see wasn't handed to me for free-3 years of hard work and countless thousands of dollars allows me to ask a very fair price for a car capable of winning any and every event it enters period.
                            If you want to buy his tires than go and buy them,get off my back because I won't.I used the word friends in context to our relatively small network of people that share this passion for throwing a car around a bunch of cones that to ordinary folk makes no sense at all.

And again I get frustrated at feeling that I have to explain any/every opinion that doesn't conform with someone else's.

BTW I've only every sold a couple of sets of tires thru this board-neither of those guys had any complaints on the price or the fact that I delivered both sets for free!thats what being reasonable and not f***king your friends is about.If you don't get than fine,I consider this thread finished now.

Comment

I can assure you that the car you see wasn't handed to me for free-3 years of hard work and countless thousands of dollars allows me to ask a very fair price for a car capable of winning any and every event it enters period.
                              If you want to buy his tires than go and buy them,get off my back because I won't.I used the word friends in context to our relatively small network of people that share this passion for throwing a car around a bunch of cones that to ordinary folk makes no sense at all.

And again I get frustrated at feeling that I have to explain any/every opinion that doesn't conform with someone else's.

BTW I've only every sold a couple of sets of tires thru this board-neither of those guys had any complaints on the price or the fact that I delivered both sets for free!thats what being reasonable and not f***king your friends is about.If you don't get than fine,I consider this thread finished now.
                              All I can say is either you are having a bad day or you take somethings to seriously. Wichever it maybe I won't inquire.
                              TrackMart

Comment

Working...
                              X