Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2005 Toyota Echo Hatch

I have a 2005 2dr Echo Hatchback that I was told by my wife to sell! LOL

I bought it as a daily driver/track car, but haven't had anytime to get to the track with it.
    Car handles fantastic, the only thing else I was going to add to the car was a set of shocks/struts, as there still stock.
    Besides that, all the suspension has be done, and it handles like a go kart
    (almost the same size too)

Anyways, I have way too many toys, so this one has to go!

Located in Wainfleet (near Niagara Falls area)

Heres a link to the kijiji ad
    http://stcatharines.kijiji.ca/c-cars...AdIdZ234096731

Re: 2005 Toyota Echo Hatch

If that was a 4 door ... darn.

Keep us posted if you part out those wheels.

Thomas

Comment

We live so close yet i've never seen this car!!

GLWS, if i was in the position to do so, i would buy an echo hatchback.
      #65 Hyundai Accent - rubber to ice

Comment

Daniel, haven't been out to the Falls with it that much. Bought the car in May I belive, and its been a fantasic car, but I do need to clear some stuff out. One of my trucks is now gone, still need to sell this, then I will focus on getting my old 89 MX6 Turbo out again, and get back doing some drag racing with our Nova.....

You may have seen the MX6 around the Falls back in the day. Lambo orange pearl, did have a big wing on it way back "before" F&F came out! LOL

And the wheels........

If they don't go with the car the 17's will stay. I payed alot for them to begin with, and then, two weeks later the clear started comming off. So I had them dipped, and profesionally powdercoated. So i'm in the hole deep with those! LOL They will stay and go one the wifes car for some summertime Bling! hahaha

If the car does go without the track rims and tires, yes they will be for sale as I don't intend to track the wifes stock echo sedan

On a side note, as far as room, the 2 door hatch has almost the exact same amount of interior room in the rear as the 4 door sedan! If that helps anyone.

*** May also trade for a motorcycle as well *** I know I said I'm clearing out toys, but a motorcycle is easy to hide for the winter
        Last edited by SXE MX6; 10-06-2010, 12:46 PM.

Comment

Only mx6 turbo I know of is a yellow example owned by a family member of a friend of mine's

Comment

My Echo did pretty good at a recent track day at Mosport DDT, but I think the 13" Lenso's with 225 Toyo R888's helped that
            I still pulled over 450kms on that tank of gas too, including 3x 30min sessions

Bump for a nice Echo!
            2006 Saturn Ion Redline

Comment

you spent $35 for 450kms.....that sucks! LOL

Yea the things are awesome on fuel, even when they get a beating. And don't seem to mind it either. My wife has a 01 sedan auto, and i've make it a point to try and wreck the driveline..........its got 240,000kms and i've yet to hurt it. (still factory plugs and wires too) LOL

Seems they just go and go.

Anyhow, I have one interested party right now. Money talks of course.
              Any questions, or any other pictures that are needed please let me know.

Mike

Comment

if you end up wanting to sell the miata wheels w/ track tires, let me know. my parents still live in niagara so im there often.
                going slow, one day at a time

Comment

Tercels are the same on the track, just slower!

Barber, i saw you down here at 5 corners almost a month ago, me and my friend were quite excited to see a yaris all soooped up!!

Comment

Originally posted by DanielRodrigues View Post
                    Tercels are the same on the track, just slower!

Barber, i saw you down here at 5 corners almost a month ago, me and my friend were quite excited to see a yaris all soooped up!!
                    likely getting persian food? or just driving around?

but seriously, let me know about the racing setup...

ill tell people i know about your echo, too

good luck w/ the sale!

Comment

Originally posted by thebarber View Post
                      likely getting persian food? or just driving around?

but seriously, let me know about the racing setup...

ill tell people i know about your echo, too

good luck w/ the sale!
                      Thanks man.....
                      and the track rims and tires are DarkMX5's old wheels.
                      http://www.casc.on.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=19185

I stripped them down, epoxied them and then painted them a bright blue.

I have only put 100kms on them, and that was on road use. Never got up to the track with them. (it was fun on the road though)
                      The wheels go with the car, unless the buyer doesn't want them. If he doesn't they wil be sold here!

I intended to track the car but never got around to doing it. With a pair of aftermarket struts and shocks the car would be totally track ready! Why the previous owner didn't do that, but he put everything else on, is beyond me.......
                      I'm going to be focusing on drag racing again next year, and want to get my mx6 out on the road again, so as much as i'm reluctant to sell the echo, It's just not needed right now.

I really miss driving the mx6....its been 3 years sice it seen the light of day.
                      Maybe it'll make it out on the track one day as well.

The guy who seemed interested is haveing problems comming up with money.
                      I'd really like to see the car sold before the snow flys.
                      The price isn't set in stone, but i'm not about to give it away either.

Thanks guys for all the comments, and for looking
                      Mike

Comment

well a bunch of tire kickers, but really not going anywhere......so..........
                        I think i'll probably just end up keeping it. The money would be nice, but I know i'd end up missing the little white jellybean.

So, if you do happen to be interested, PM me, and we'll talk.
                        Gonna be putting up my 93 B2200 for sale in the next couple weeks instead it looks like

Comment

barber,

you were at little caesars in the thorold stone plaza. we were at timmies. you did a very "enthusiastic" parking lot exit.

we all got wood.

that mx6 looks awesome, i like the orange

Comment

Originally posted by DanielRodrigues View Post
                            barber,

you were at little caesars in the thorold stone plaza. we were at timmies. you did a very "enthusiastic" parking lot exit.

we all got wood.
                            lol, that was me.

Comment

Is this still available? I noticed the kijiji ad has been taken down. What was the asking price? I am interested depending on price, also, what color is the car?

Carthik

Comment

Working...
                              X