X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel Safe Fuel Cell For Sale.

Dimensions are 20X17X9.
    Originally designed for a Ferrari. Can be used in your car.
    Asking $800 Cdn for a $1400 US product.
    View a pic here:
    Last edited by Ken; 04-24-2004, 10:23 PM.

Fuel Cell

What's the capacity (gallons)?
    Perry Iannuzzi
    Past President
    Canadian Automobile Sport Clubs -Ontario Region

Comment

About 15 gallons. It originated at Wine Country Motorsports in Florida. A Ferrari team in Jupiter Fla. decided that their car needed a slightly larger tank apparently.
      There was more racing money in that industrial area from the ALMS than I could shake a stick at!

Comment

I calculate 13.25 gallons US (11 gallons Imperial) maximum from from the external dimensions (3,060 cubic inches / 231 cubic inches per US gallon), so the actual capacity will be less than that. Are you sure about the dimensions?
        Last edited by John Hannaford; 04-26-2004, 08:43 AM.

Comment

No I am not positive about the capacity but the dimensions are correct. That's why I said "about" 15.... it was a guess on my part as well as the store.
          Thanks for the info!!!!!!!

Comment

Sure - I was just hoping one of them was a typo. Still, it's a good size for a solo car.

Comment

I think that you can run pretty much any class with this cell. Unless you have a V8 monster that gets a few mpg. I would think a lot of cars could run sprints with it... that is a lot of gas!

Comment

It would just get me through 20 full tilt laps on the big track, but I don't do those so that's not an issue. The real problem is the range when touring. I'd be filling up every 90 minutes or so. She's not a car, she's an environmental issue!

Comment

Working...
                X