2003 Hyundai Tiburon Race car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2003 Hyundai Tiburon Race car

2003 Hyundai Tiburon Tuscani road race car, GT4, FIA/CASC Log book.
    Engine- 2.7L V6, Re build 2011 season by Joe Cavanagh at Lentec Automotive, sprint and endurance motor 11.1 (was 12.1) on 91 to 94 octane fuel, tuned by Synoptic Tuning of Montreal, completely ported and balanced, Ross pistons, adjustable cam sprockets, custom cams, custom fuel rail system with aeromotive regulator, SDS programmable ECU, aluminum rad, Next Generation intake and 73mm T-Body, Hot Shot ceramic headers, Borla exhaust. Dyno sheet and info available.

Trans and Diff- Stock 6 speed trans, stage 4 Bully clutch , AASCO lightweight flywheel, Quaiffe differential, final drive 4.43.
    Suspension: K Sport Pro inverted coilovers, H&R springs, caster camber plates, custom anti roll bars, strut bars, urethane bushings.
    Brakes: TCE big brake kit, Wilwood 6 piston superlites with 13.5” rotors, rear stock with 10.2” rotors, Wilwood and Wilwood pads, stainless steel brake lines.

Wheels and tires- (4) Fastco Tarantulas, NTO1’s and Hancook Evo 12’s (new, never used).

Body/ Interior: Lightweight hood, Lexan rear window, CASC 9 point cage, , Autometer gauges, Momo wheel, Kirkey seat, stock fuel tank with piggyback fuel cell for endurance racing, car weight 2373lbs dry.
    This car has spent most of its life as a dedicated race car. It raced in Quebec in the Hancook Challenge taking second place in 2008. It was then rebuilt to Castrol Cup SuperT specs and competed in CCTCC in 2009. In 2010 and 2011 it competed in CASC GT Challenge Cup for GT4 cars, 2012-13 race in Quebec Super Production Series. This car runs 1hour, 90minute, and 3 hour enduros and never misses a beat.
    Spares included are a close ratio 5 speed transmission (for ICAR and St.Eustache), 2 spare very good condition long block engines, brake pads, tie rods, extra OEM parts, axles, bodywork,. Three factory shop manuals and ECU manual included. I have receipts for everything!

Asking $6500.00 for quick sale
    Reason for selling: Building new car for this season!!
    peinturelevesque at gmail dot com
    819-213-0878
    Alain
    Attached Files

Re: 2003 Hyundai Tiburon Race car

bump up
    5000$

Comment

Price Drop!!
      4,000$ at this price It would make a great Chump Car.

Comment

Super deal for a very quick car. I would look at it, but I already have a high horsepower V6 FWD Racecar, LOL. Its also far too nice to become a chumpcar.

If it ran on slicks, it would eliminate the whole burning the front tires off it. They made that much of a difference on mine.

Good luck and somebody snap this up and race with us in the 3 Hour in September.

Eric
        #23 GT4 Cougar and #24 GT4 RX7

sigpic

Comment

So tempting Eric!!! Every man needs two race cars right??? But I would have to put a hoist in my garage to store it.
          www.nummelinmotorsportgroup.com
          sigpic

Comment

I owned this car. It is very well built with quality parts. I had that engine rebuilt at a great cost and it dynoed really nice. The power to weight ratio is very good. The builder is one of the top engine guys you can get. It always went like hell on the straights but we had problems getting it to turn. I think those problems have been fixed from what I hear. If they have it's a winning GT4 car. There's over 30 grand in it.
            Pat McDermott
            OSCC.

Comment

Originally posted by Maverickflyer View Post
              So tempting Eric!!! Every man needs two race cars right??? But I would have to put a hoist in my garage to store it.
              Or sell that bed, lol. (Inside joke)

Eric

sigpic

Comment

All it needs to turn are skinny rear tires and a Hydraulic hand brake. Oh, and an ice racer/rallyist touch

Comment

Look, with work, we have the Cougar's turning very well. It takes a huge rear bar to get the inside rear off the ground. You need some neat suspension work and removing as much weight off the front as possible. Now we have the cars even running equal sized tires all the way around.

It is possible and from what I have heard about this car, a lot of the work has been done. They will never be as nimble as a Miata, but at the GP track, they are awesome. Whoever buys this car, gets an excellent car for the money.

Eric
                  Attached Files

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X