1979 Corvette Race Car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1979 Corvette Race Car

Up for sale is my 1979 Corvette Race car, this is a bolt together project. Some assembly required, battery not included. What is included is a solid chassis and body, with very nice legal roll cage, fresh paint (White), the fenders are flared for bigger tires.

Dick Guldstrand front suspension, stock style rear suspension, which is all on the car.

Installed 22 gallon Fuel cell.

Dry Sump engine and Super T10 transmission, bellhousing, clutch etc.

The engine is complete from carb to pan, including pulley's and alternator. I have had the engine running, but it is now out of the car. It is a built piece with Dart heads etc. and I would recommend that it be inspected and refreshed if necessary, at the very least new valve springs.

Additionally, there are headers with sidepipes, radiator, instrumentation, transponder, Enkei wheels, driveshaft and small bits and pieces.

Essentially the car is very complete except for safety items, such as seat, window net, and belts. This is an Ontario car was used as a track day car in the early 90's and was being prepared for GT racing, but never was raced, so no log book. Still has Dexter Days stickers on the window. Would make a great G70 car. Lots of work has been done to this car already, needs assembly, plumbing and wiring.

Asking $15,000.00 complete or nearest offer.

Also available as a roller including transmission.

If you want to come out and see this car please contact me.

Thanks,

Jon

twr9@execulink.com

Re: 1979 Corvette Race Car

Here is a picture, L88 style hood, rear bumper cover not bolted on so that it can be looked at.
    Attached Files

Comment

Interior shot, original dash and adjustable steering column.
      Attached Files

Comment

Engine bay with extended round bar reinforcement to frame.
        Attached Files

Comment

Someone put this together! Spring is coming!!!

Any shots of the fuel cell and rear suspension?

Comment

Here is a picture of the fuel cell and safety cage around it.
            Attached Files

Comment

Hmm, that is a crappy picture, should have cleaned the body shop dust off. The wiring laying on top is the rear light harness, the fuel pump can just be seen in upper right corner.

Looking for offers....

Thanks,

Jon

Comment

Recently Jen Horsey wrote in Ignition magazine that it is better to buy than build, this Corvette is an example of the benefit of buying a used car. To build this car would cost about $30,000.00. Here is a breakdown:

Good used chassis - 4,000
                Engine - 7,000
                Trans/Clutch -1,500
                Body and Paint -6,000 (flares etc.)
                Cage -3,000
                Fuel Cell -2,000
                Gulstrand Susp. -3,000
                Wheels -1,500
                Misc. -2,000 (gauges, rad, exhaust system, plumbing etc.)
                Total 30,000

Of course these numbers are approximate and skilled persons could save money if they can do some of there own work. The engine cost is very conservative also.

Having said that, I am lowering the price to $12,000.00, yes the car needs mechanical assembly and it will need a component inspection, like brakes etc as it has been sitting awhile.

I am not sure if this is the right place to advertise a vintage Corvette, but maybe someone on this forum is looking for this type of car. If so please contact me.

Thanks for looking.

Comment

That is such a sexy car. I love it, but it may be just be my Youth in Oshawa... Shorty black sidepipes, big Centerlines, flares, drool.....

Good luck with the sale and its a great price for a piece to go very very quick in. I remember how quick Strudwicks' Vettes were and there is no reason this cant be as fast or faster.

Eric
                  #23 GT4 Cougar and #24 GT4 RX7

sigpic

Comment

New price, $10,000.00 complete.

Available as a roller with transmission, fuel cell and peripheral parts (exhaust, radiator etc.), and also a stock 350 four bolt main engine to build up. Price is $6,500.00.

Lots of potential in this car.

Thanks for looking,

Jon
                    twr9@execulink.com

Comment

Jon, you're killing me! Wish I had the space. That is a deal and a half. That can't possibly last long at that price.

Rob Martin
                      GT1 Camaro #167

Comment

Working...
                      X