Rover Mark III Saloon 1967

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rover Mark III Saloon 1967

Posted for a friend. A very cool car. Email him directly with any questions as he is not online here. I have pictures I can email and will post them here shortly.

Doug

ROVER MARK III SALOON 1967

Body shell and Frame

The body shell and frame is in close to immaculate condition, due to extensive restoration that has been performed. A generous coating of quality protectant has been applied to cover the complete underside of the car.

Mechanical

The engine and transmission have been rebuilt and the engine runs very smoothly. Many new parts from brake components to suspension joints have been installed. OEM parts have been used almost exclusively. The engine bay has been cleaned and detailed.

Wheels and Tires

The wheels have been refinished and painted with original wheel covers fitted. The Pirelli P77 225/75R 15 white wall tires show very little wear.

Interior
    The roof liner has been replaced with a high quality wool liner, expertly installed. It has a full red leather interior in very good condition. New leather assist straps are fitted along with new door panels. The real wood trim around the doors and the dash has been either replaced or restored to new condition, as has the leather headrests front and back. The OEM carpets are in excellent condition. All controls and handles are in place.

Glass and Chrome

All glass is in good condition. Most of the chrome parts have been re-chromed and those which have not are in very good condition. All plastic lenses are of good colour and crack free.

Extras

Hideaway picnic tables and glass / cup holders are fitted front and rear. Chromed interior courtesy lights are fitted above each of the four doors. Rear seating heater controls. Original Rover tool kit. Lucas fog and reverse lights. Black ice detector.

General

This luxury car is an impressive looking vehicle that has obviously been professionally restored with great attention to detail. Based on the visible new parts and purchase receipts available, $15,000 to $17,000 has been spent on restoration.

Price

$11,500

Contact Information:

Jay Berman at jberman@xplornet.com or by phone at 416-452-2669
    Last edited by Doug P; 08-19-2005, 09:18 AM. Reason: TYPO
    sigpic
    Pro Tour Truck

Doug

Re: Rover Mark III Saloon 1967

Picture added.
    Attached Files
    sigpic
    Pro Tour Truck

Doug

Comment

Doug

Neat car would definately turn some heads

Now tell me WTH is a "Black ice detector"?
      -----------------------
      integratedmechanical.ca
      -----------------------
      Proud member of MSOC
      --------------------------
      2006 National Champion of BS
      ---------------------------------

Some people are like slinkies,
      They really don't have a purpose,
      But they still bring a smile to your face
      when you push them down the stairs.

Comment

Originally posted by DareBee
        Doug

Neat car would definately turn some heads

Now tell me WTH is a "Black ice detector"?
        Cool tricks for the vintage. Apparently it sends a signal of some sort out the front of the car and can sense if the road is slippery.
        sigpic
        Pro Tour Truck

Doug

Comment

A lot of higher-end British cars in the '60s had black ice "detectors". As near as I can remember it was a road level temperature sensor that gave a warning when it reached about 32*F at a certain level of humidity (or something like that ?). BTW, the big Rovers were favoured as patrol cars by police in the UK up to the early BMC days.
          The Man's Prayer:
          "I'm a man, but I can change ... if I have to ... I guess!"

"I'm so old that when I hear the word "Spandex" I think of watch bracelets."

sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X