X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1987 DECH Mustang For Sale

Original DECH car, #003.
    1987 Red Hatchback, 5 SPD.

DECH Suspension: G-Load Brace, ASG, Grabber Brackets, DECH Springs, KONI shocks (front single adjustable, rear non-adjustable)

DECH Brakes: 12 x 1.1" vented floating rotors, DECH billet hats, PBR Cobra Calipers. Rears are 10" by Stainless Steel Brakes, N.Y.

Engine: fresh 306 by New Generation Racing Engines. AFR heads, Ported Edelbrock Intake, 70mm T-Body, 75mm Pro-M MAF, 24LB injectors, Ford Shorty Headers/Borla Cat-Back.
    10.5:1 Compression Ratio.
    Car dynoed at 301 rwhp/335rwtq.
    Street legal, passed emissions March 2002.

Custom 4-pt roll bar, Sabelt 5pt harnesses, Corbeau Forza seats.
    Rear seat deleted. All seams welded, sound deadening removed.

King Cobra Clutch, Auburn Differential, 3.27 gear.

DECH body kit, Saleen Wing, Simmons wheels.

I need a new project. This car is a ton of fun and pretty quick- 1:38's at Mosport on Toyo RA-1's. All the "good stuff" is in place, just get in and drive.

Offers? Send me an e-mail.

Jordan

You were the instructor running at the Ford day on Wed right? I wish I'd hopped in for a ride. Nice Stang, and even better driving.
    Last edited by Chris91GT; 06-20-2002, 09:16 PM.
    Chris Atkins
    Member of the Road Course Mustang Brotherhood (1/2/2007)

06 Mustang GT (SGT3)
    07 Mazdaspeed3

(FOR SALE)
    91 Mustang GT SGT2

Gone to oil country!

Comment

Yes, that was me.
      Thanks for the compliments.

I think I took your father for a ride. (?)

What a great day that was. Loved seeing the vintage stuff on the track.

Comment

I'm tossing interest around and seeing if it sticks. Do you have any pictures?
        Rocket Racing
        520hp Formula WS6
        2003 GSX-R 1000
        http://racing.kos.net/
        http://www.rumour.com/
        http://www.canadianmotorcyclist.com/
        "You can't take it with you, but you can in overdrive."

Comment

I do, but not with me.
          Let me see what I can do.

Comment

Sweet

Shaman , you would like driving his car.
            It is very fast Mustang.
            Looks like mine but in Red with the same body kit.
            Lots of RPM to 6,500 to 7000 shift points
            It would suit your driving skills very well
            I went out for 6 or 7 laps with him and man ,he no`s how to drive that car well.

1.38 Big track speaks for its self
            1987 DECH MUSTANG
            1999 SI Civic
            BMW Trillium Club
            Birel Rotax Supplier

Greg

Comment

Glad you enjoyed it, Greg. It will be tough to let it go, but I need something new to build.

You were really cooking in your car by the end of the day- must be the new cage....

Jordan

Comment

Re: Sweet

Originally posted by DECH_92
                Shaman , you would like driving his car.
                It is very fast Mustang.
                Looks like mine but in Red with the same body kit.
                Lots of RPM to 6,500 to 7000 shift points
                It would suit your driving skills very well
                I went out for 6 or 7 laps with him and man ,he no`s how to drive that car well.

1.38 Big track speaks for its self
                I second dech_92 opinion. LateApex took me for a ride in his car. Great driver, great car. I would get the car myself, but... I allready have a project.

cris

Comment

Jordan , I'm a friend of Keith White's and I guess I've only run with your car at a few BMW days at Mosport. I certainly know Keith would like to have a car prepped like yours or Mike Cole's as Keith's is much more like my stock engined 5.0 that I ran in Solo 1 for years . Unfortunately (?) I went over to the dark side and now own a chevy but I have very fond memories of my 89 LX hatch. The one thing that is nice about Mustang owners is that they bring their cars out to the track ( be it lapping days or Solo 1 ) which is a lot better than I can say for F body owners. Despite the early interest in Solo 1 from the Toronto F body club , not a single one has shown up for a Solo 1 yet this year . They seem to be more interested in 60 ft times or which car wax to use .

Your lapping day last Wed would have been fun if only I owned a Ford product ( jeez you guys are getting as snotty as the Porsche club! ) . It seems that you were a bit short on instrutors .

BTW , what is your next project car ? Will we see you in some competition with it ?
                  Mobil 1 Time-Attack # 4, CCC Member

Comment

Hey now, I'd be out if I didn't have some problems. Then again, I'm not a part of TFBM. They've never offered me a membership after four years of running their mailing list...

Ah well. I may yet show up in another car to get some track time.
                    Rocket Racing
                    520hp Formula WS6
                    2003 GSX-R 1000

Comment

Dave, I remember you from the BMW Events. Dark green F-Body, right? Keith told me how much you used to enjoy your Stang. Stock vs, stock, I think the handling (and power) edge goes to the F-Body, but with the right pieces you can make the Fords work pretty well.

We were definitely short on instructors last Wednesday. I had people that were willing to help out, but ONLY Fords were allowed. Too bad- I think the day could have been even better with more experienced guys around to give pointers.

The next car will likely be a BMW E30 race car project. I'll probably end up in BMWCC Club Racing, and maybe even a few solo events....

The Mustang has to go first, and I'd like to sell it in a forum like this (to an enthusiast) vs. opening the door to all the Auto Trader tire-kickers.

Jordan

Comment

Jordan , you are right about the stock vs stock position. The reason I had a 3rd gen Mustang is that it was in my mind quite superior to a 3rd gen Camaro . OTOH for 4 th gen cars the tables are switched . Certainly there is nothing for the F body like the variety of bolt on parts such as intakes and high performance heads that will produce the power gains that are possible with a 5.0 .

Hope you have luck selling the car . Chris P , would your father be interested ? This car might need a bit of decontenting to run ASS2 but would surely be more fun than a Celica .

BTW , you might want to mention to the organizers of that last lapping day that the Corvette, BMW , Lotus and Saab clubs allow other makes to run and only the Porsche club insists on only Porsches. ( I think they have been eating too much duck pate.)
                        Last edited by Dave Barker; 06-24-2002, 07:58 PM.
                        Mobil 1 Time-Attack # 4, CCC Member

Comment

Yeah, they wouldn't want to get passed by a big red Firebird. How embarrassing would (/has) that be(/en)?
                          Rocket Racing
                          520hp Formula WS6
                          2003 GSX-R 1000

Comment

You did take my dad out for a spin. Good luck on the sale. I hope it goes to someone that will bring it out and run it.
                            Chris Atkins
                            Member of the Road Course Mustang Brotherhood (1/2/2007)

06 Mustang GT (SGT3)
                            07 Mazdaspeed3

(FOR SALE)
                            91 Mustang GT SGT2

Gone to oil country!

Comment

Just moving it back towards the top.

Car is still for sale......I'm avoiding the Auto trader headaches for a while yet.

Jordan

Comment

Working...
                              X