Old New Guy needs Tires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old New Guy needs Tires

So what was the hot tire for Solo 1 last year? Where is everyone buying R compounds from?

Thanks
    Bruce Murphy
    Ottawa, ON

I was fairly happy with my Kumho Victoracers last year (Fabi ate them, though). I'm going to call up Osh. Tire tomorrow and get a price.

Delivered, my 275/40 Victoracers were $1021 from Tire Rack, all duty and taxes in. I think that's pretty reasonable.

Comment

Was that heat cycled?
      Bruce Murphy
      Ottawa, ON

Comment

No, I didn't get them heat cycled from the Rack.

I will this year though. They were darned slippery the first time out.

Comment

Actaully my dad found the Kumho Victoracers to be very slippery the first time out.......OK

If you have the money go get some Hoosiers. Probly the fastest tire but there are more expensive and don't last as long.

I get my tires used from FF1600 guys. The Hankooks aren't any good for them after a certing number of laps but they are still good for a heavy car. These tires really aren't as good as the TRUE R-compounds.

As for a place to buy them, you should talk with Andrew at Wheel and Tire Zone. He'll give you some good honest advice and get you the tires for a good price. Sorry i don't have his phone number but it should be easy enough to find.
          Last edited by Chris P; 02-20-2001, 07:36 PM.
          ------------------------------------------------

Comment

Working...
          X