Strawberry Fields festival

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strawberry Fields festival

>>>Caution>>> The following clip contains Hippie Nudity.

http://archives.cbc.ca/society/youth/clips/3215/

Funny enough I can find nothing on Eden Fest.

Re: Strawberry Fields festival

Yeah, Edenfest I think was meant to be forgotten by the organizers ... didn't loose like huge amounts of cash, and all the acts got screwed or something?

Anyway, I was at Edenfest, and I sure had a blast. This was WAY before I ever got into racing, so it was a bit surreal the first time I went to Mosport to drive, since to me it was only known as a festival grounds

Here is some stuff, but no video:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edenfest
    http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2322349697#
    Last edited by ScotcH; 10-30-2009, 01:01 AM.
    Arek Wojciechowski
    8legs Racing, SPC #77
    http://www.8legsRacing.com

Comment

Funny thing is I was at eden fest. A week before there was the last 24 hour race at Mosport. I attended the race.

Just prior to the 24 we found out there would be severe restrictions on bringing your own booze to eden fest.

When I say severe restrictions I mean you could not bring your own booze even if you were camped there.

After finding out the restrictions for the concert a plan came together!

The Keg we brought to the 24 was buried in the woods. We sent the only sober member of our group to the closest beer store to pick up beer cans for the 24.

Since we were all going to Eden Fest it was money well spent.

We arrived at Eden Fest, parked miles away got on a bus to the Mosport set up our tent....

Went to where we buried the keg, dug it up. Snuck the keg to our tent (this part was difficult) several spectator fences to cross as well as some armco.

Got the keg from near Drivers Right turn 4, to Drivers Left Turn 8 without Randy and Lahey busting us. If you don't watch Trailer Park Boys, "Randy and Lahey" means security (think Marcel with a Moustache and not wearing a shirt).

Anyway, got the keg into the tent, and while piss warm it kept us loaded the entire weekend. for a fraction of the cost of buying beer tent beer which was (even then) 5 bucks a beer.

EDIT**** Just looked at the facebook page. wow that brought back memories
      Last edited by Dr.Smooth; 10-30-2009, 01:44 AM.

Comment

Lol ... yeah, the alcohol situation sucked. But like you, we had a plan!

We had a big ass cooler, and bought some super cheap canned beer ... lined the bottom of the cooler, then put in a false bottom, and loaded up the food and shit. Of course securty found the beer, BUT this was our decoy alcohol! We had a bunch of whiskey stuffed in our tent bags, and once they found the beer, they stopped checking, and in we went!

I love it when a plan comes together! That show was great. I've seen The Cure a bunch of times, but that was one of their best shows! Good times, good times ....
        Arek Wojciechowski
        8legs Racing, SPC #77
        http://www.8legsRacing.com

Comment

Awesome plan and Awesome A-Team reference. A-Team Rules!

Comment

I was also at Edenfest. Good times, if a bit vague.
            We just brought in lots of Juice... think purple Jesus.
            Remember the horror that was the porta-potty situation?

Comment

Don't forget Canada Jam in August 78. I know people,that when I tell
              them I'm going to a race at Mosport, their response is " I went to a
              concert there in the 70's. There's a race track there??"
              Last edited by oblio125; 10-30-2009, 01:16 PM. Reason: cause
              85 MCO Ice Race Champion
              WorldPac Ottawa

Comment

Some how some way the Edenfest website is still operating..
                http://edencast.mediacast.com/

Also this link is discussing it.
                http://www.guitarscanada.com/open-mi...port-park.html

Comment

Talking about Festivals etc,Im an old fart ex-Hippie...Went to many a festival back ome!(UK) in the 70s..was very fortunate to know the Fan club secretary of the Rolling Stones in the early days and got ticket to THE ROCK & ROLL CIRCUS filmed in London,saw and mingled with John Lennon,the Stones,The Who,Jethro Tull and unfortunatley Yoko Onoalso at HYDE PARK concert by the STONES when Brian Jones had just died,near the front too,as we got there the night before,next day WOW!we had never seen that many people at a festival before!Then festivals got bigger and bigger of course.

Comment

Originally posted by Rolling stone View Post
                    Talking about Festivals etc,Im an old fart ex-Hippie...Went to many a festival back ome!(UK) in the 70s..was very fortunate to know the Fan club secretary of the Rolling Stones in the early days and got ticket to THE ROCK & ROLL CIRCUS filmed in London,saw and mingled with John Lennon,the Stones,The Who,Jethro Tull and unfortunatley Yoko Onoalso at HYDE PARK concert by the STONES when Brian Jones had just died,near the front too,as we got there the night before,next day WOW!we had never seen that many people at a festival before!Then festivals got bigger and bigger of course.
                    I'm sorry you had to mingle with Yoko. The rest sounds like... MY DREAM except I was born too late and never lived in the UK.

Ever see Pink Floyd live in those days?

Comment

Originally posted by Dr.Smooth View Post
                      I'm sorry you had to mingle with Yoko. The rest sounds like... MY DREAM except I was born too late and never lived in the UK.

Ever see Pink Floyd live in those days?
                      Saw just about every known band and unknown band,was around at the right time,just luck I guess,I would gladly live thro the whole experience again as it was a magical time.I also played in bands and roadied,got to meet my hero Keith Richards in the 90s in Chicago when I roadied for the day when his "Other band"Expensive Winos" played the ARAGORN theatreI never saw the Beatles tho,never bothered as concerts were chaos(Screaming) with them,thats why they gave up live gigs really.Funny back in 1069 I could walk up to Mick Jagger in the BBc studios and talk to him...nowdays security around the Stones is like the President of the USA,a bit over the top really,but understandable after what happened to Lennon.Majority of music/musicians are crap nowdays,I still play my Lps from back then

Comment

Previous post I meant 1969..not 1069..Im not that old

Comment

Originally posted by Rolling stone View Post
                          Saw just about every known band and unknown band,was around at the right time,just luck I guess,I would gladly live thro the whole experience again as it was a magical time.I also played in bands and roadied,got to meet my hero Keith Richards in the 90s in Chicago when I roadied for the day when his "Other band"Expensive Winos" played the ARAGORN theatreI never saw the Beatles tho,never bothered as concerts were chaos(Screaming) with them,thats why they gave up live gigs really.Funny back in 1069 I could walk up to Mick Jagger in the BBc studios and talk to him...nowdays security around the Stones is like the President of the USA,a bit over the top really,but understandable after what happened to Lennon.Majority of music/musicians are crap nowdays,I still play my Lps from back then
                          I agree, most current music sucks...

Unfortunately, somewhere around the Disco era. Record companies figured out they could tell people who is popular. Instead of figuring out what bands are good and signing them......

Comment

Not to dig up an old thread, but it is relevent, and saves me from having to start a new thread.

Allan Cross talks about Strawberry Fields.

https://globalnews.ca/news/7411007/t...das-woodstock/

Comment

Working...
                            X