No announcement yet.

Purchasing a track only car?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got odds that yet another racer will sell his modded Pontiac daily driver for a boring tow vehicle and a trailer!

79 Mini Clubman - Racer
    77 Mini - Cruiser
    04 F-150 - Mini recovery vehicle

Comment

I got odds that yet another racer will sell his modded Pontiac daily driver for a boring tow vehicle and a trailer!
      Ahahaha! Gee Chris, you couldn't be referring to me now could you?! This whole damn Solo 1 thing is your fault anyway, you corruptor!
      It was you who got me started with the whole camshaft venture when you told me about the cam in your GTP, I think your statement of, "The engine just goes ape-shit at 4000rpm" pretty much sold me on the idea of getting performance cams.
      Although I don't think that will happen. The GA is here to stay but for one Solo 1 season only. After that and if all goes well, I'll be back next year with another Solo 1 car and the GA will meet the same fate as your 12 second GTP - RETIREMENT!
      Hopefully, I'll be able to land a Fiero GT this fall/winter and work on it in the off season. Its one of those cars that I wanted so bad when I was younger but couldn't afford so it would be great to have one for Solo 1 racing. If I can't get my hands on one, I'll grudingly run the Grand Am again next year.
      BTW, the cams/head goes in next week, woo-hoo!
      2002 Pontiac Grand Am 5spd
      Engine: Ecotec 2.2L 16V DOHC
      Intake/62mm TB/Dynomax Catback Exhaust
      Suspension: Eibach Pro Kit/KYB GR2 Struts/F&R STBs/Rear Sway/Enkei's RSV's w/ Bridgestone Fuzion ZRi's 225/40/18
      Coming Soon: Fully modified head (in the machine shop) [Cams/P&P/Timing Gears/1mm Oversized Valves/5 angle valve job/Upgraded Springs & Retainers, Port Matched]

Comment

Re: Purchasing a track only car?

Ok im new to solo completely and im investing this summer in a track car as well and how exactly do i get the track car to the track... im driving a 97 altima as my daily car and i get the feeling it cant tow a 240sx...

Comment

I doubt it could tow the 240.. I recommend a tow vehicle.. of course most people that compete in solo disciplines drive the track car to the event
          2005 F-Super Stock National Champion
          2005 F-Super Stock Regional Champion

We Don't inherit the world from our Parents, We borrow it from our Children

Comment

not all Jason,. not all...........
            Co-Founder of http://spda-online.ca
            Subaru Performance Drivers Association
            neverquitracing.com

2007 Targa Newfoundland 1st Churchhill Award ( Nations Cup)
            2007 Targa Newfoundland 2nd Open Class
            2005 Spirit of Targa Award Winner
            2005 Ontario Champion ESP
            2004 Canadian Champion ESP
            2004 Ontario Champion ESP

Comment

Originally posted by LilMikey
              Ok im new to solo completely and im investing this summer in a track car as well and how exactly do i get the track car to the track... im driving a 97 altima as my daily car and i get the feeling it cant tow a 240sx...
              Towing, maybe. Stopping? Not likely....

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Kloosterma
                not all Jason,. not all...........
                yes I agree not all... but I did say MOST.... which leaves room for the minority of towers out there that tow to the event

Comment

But how would i drive it with the event avoiding the issue of getting it fully insurance as a daily driven... permits i heard you can only get 3 per car.

Comment

well those that do daily drive their cars have them insured for road use.... if your car is not road legal then welcome to the brotherhood of the tow gods.

Comment

Working...
                    X