June 10th Picture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• June 10th Picture

Here is one of the 7 pictures from last Sunday.
    Attached Files
    Art

Here is another

Another picture of same.
    Attached Files
    Art

Comment

Thank god for rollbars!

Hi all,
      I can't say how happy I am that rules were changed this year to include that rollbars be installed in the Miata. That and a four-point harness saved my neck (not kidding, pun intended). I don't think a factory shoulder belt would have kept me planted in that seat so well.

Kudos to the marshalls at station 6 (Hanif and ?), Chris Paczynski and others for arriving at the scene so quickly. Luckily, I was fine and crawled out of the car myself, but it's good to know that no lawn chairs were out that afternoon.

Sincere thanks,
      Andre
      Ottawa, Ontario
      2013 Scion FR-S 6MT

Comment

I hate pictures like these. Too much reality.

Was anyone hurt? That's the important part. Rolling a convertible is not a good thing.

Comment

Thank god you are ok Andre! Best of luck with the car repairs and I hope we see you out at the track again very soon
          The bearded weirdo from Speed Academy

Comment

Only bruised ego

Shaman,
            Other than a sore neck, slight cuts on my left hand and a minor abrasion on my right arm (from airbag I assume), I am OK.
            Ego is bruised, will just have to do better next time.

I am obviously a strong proponent of rollbars right now and would not be here otherwise.
            Andre
            Ottawa, Ontario
            2013 Scion FR-S 6MT

Comment

Also great to see you've got a relatively good attitude about it Andre. Glad to hear you're ok. Especially after seeing the pictures. Ouch!
              Marshall McLean
              95 Mazda Miata
              sigpic

Comment

I daresay my attitude wouldn't be so good. Good show!

I am with you... I am getting a chrome-moly small diameter 8-point. For 40 pounds (over my current harness bar) I give up the back seats I never use anyway, and I get a stiffer frame and better protection... sounds good to me.

BTW, I am told that the straight @ Cayuga is something like a 1/3 of a mile with a quick entry to it. That alone gives me pause for thought... with a 80km/h entry, I should see 260km/h on that straight.
                Last edited by Shaman; 06-13-2001, 09:57 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X