Red Devil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red Devil

http://www.carpi.ch/video_auschnitte.htm Click on the Red Devil Video. That is one insanely fast VW.
    Chris J
    '96 Acura Integra GSR
    '89 Honda Civic
    '97 Subaru Legacy
    "Ladies and gentlemen take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice."

whoa... that video was sped up a LOT. the car isn't that fast... Look at the other cars on the track. They all either have major ground-effects, or they are defying the laws of physics... or the video was sped up.

Still looks like an impressive car though. Too bad they had to fake the video like that.

Comment

I work in broadcasting and provide fly-in crew support for professional teams in the US. While I'm not claiming to be an 'expert', I have to say that from what I've seen it looks legit to me. Look and listen at the way he spins the tires off that one corner all the time as the turbo spools up. It's all straight line speed. They never show the back side of the track because it's loaded with all kinds of twisty bits.

All of the other cars out there seem more stock than his also and the Lambo looks like it was just starting out on track.

Just my 2 cents
      Mike
      Cheers,

Mike Basden

Comment

Well, I've got 11 years racing experience (5 in GT, 6 in karting), and I can safely tell you that the cornering speeds of the cars ahead of him are way above what is physically possible, even with slicks. For a car to turn a corner that quickly, it would be pulling about 2.5 G, which requires LOTS of downforce...

I am not talking about straightline speed. 580 bhp, of course it's quick in along the straights. I am talking about the corners. No *mostly-stock* cars can corner like that, without giant wings and/or ground effects.

just watch the cars ahead of him in the corners... you'll see.

Comment

The engine note isn't correct either. Listen to the difference between the incar cam's. Neat car however.
          ------------------------------------------------

Comment

It seems obvious to me that the film has been sped up but he is still faster then most of the cars there. It's a matter of relative speed to each other. He may be faster then most of those cars but NONE of those cars can corner as fast as it appears.
            Shaun de Jager

Comment

I don't think it's been spead up that much. A little goes a long way in that respect. But yes it's definitely been altered.
              Marshall McLean
              95 Mazda Miata
              sigpic

Comment

Definitely sped up. There's one bit where he's cornering behind a silver Porsche, the Porsche flicks the tail out slightly and it's reined in before you can blink. Even Tiff Needell isn't that fast.

Despite that, I'm sure the car is scary fast.
                2001 Jetta Wolfsburg 1.8T

Getting home before the ice cream melts since 2001.

Comment

Second craziest Golf I've ever seen.

The Dahlback Golf's got GpB Audi mechanicals under the skin. Vids are about halfway down this page.

SS
                  Please PM for inquiries regarding the Shannonville Endurance Grand Prix Plenary Committee.

Comment

Ohh yeah I remember that Golf. I read an article on it a few years ago in Sport Compact Car. I'll see if I can find it in my ever growing stack. It's got an inline 5 Audi motor , massive fuel injectors, massive turbos, the muffler takes up the entire backseat area. I forget most of what he did to it.
                    Chris J
                    '96 Acura Integra GSR
                    '89 Honda Civic
                    '97 Subaru Legacy
                    "Ladies and gentlemen take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice."

Comment

Working...
                    X