Sad day for F1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sad day for F1

I am sure everyone knows what went on today . Truely a blackmark for F1 especially to have it happen at Indy . I supppose in a way the polictical issues of F1 go a long way in making Nascar is so popular .
    racing future undecided

Re: Sad day for F1

they should have postponed the race or something.

Comment

What the heck happend? I tuned into the race on speed as they drivers were going up onto the podium... not once did they say what the problem was with the day, they just kept refering to it without actually saying what it was. Then I fell asleep.. dunno if they covered it aftewards.
      -Dave

Comment

All the Michelin shod entries were pulled out of the race right after the warmup lap . Michelin was not able to gaurantee the safety of the tires and had asked FIA to put a chicane just before turn 13 to slow the corner speed on the banked section of the track .
        Max said no .
        So only Brigestone tired car raced , all 6 of them. Fans left in droves and the organizers would not present the trophies . Imagine if you had made the effort to be there and then got to watch not much more than a Bridgestone tire test.
        racing future undecided

Comment

I couldn't believe it either, I turned it on right when the race started and I was pretty surprised to see 14 cars drive off into their garages after the parade lap... Pretty bad for the sport, thank god that didn't happen to Champ Car, with all the problems they've been having they'd be toast...
          Tod.
          Crew Chief: - CTCC Car #41
          www.twinlakesmc.org

Comment

Good day for Tiago Monteiro and Portuguese everywhere!

Other than that.... yeah.... joke.

Bernie. Joke.

'merican fans. Joke.

Michelin... PR nightmare!
            Helping unlock the potential of divine velocity since 2004.

Deeper, Harder, Faster, Motorsports Inc.

“Good intentions are not an excuse for maladministration of this magnitude,” Gomery writes.

Proponent of the "Freedom of Solo 2 Information Act"

"I'm an excellent driver... Yeah... Definitely... Yeah"

Comment

Congratulations to Eddie Jordan and team for finishing third and fourth.
              Please PM for inquiries regarding the Shannonville Endurance Grand Prix Plenary Committee.

Comment

Originally posted by miataboi

'merican fans. Joke.

Why do you say that? I wouldn't have sat around to watch that %&*$# joke of a race either without getting a full refund in advance. But maybe I'm a 'joke' of a Canadian fan who refuses to pay to be an unwilling participant in racing politics.
                Cheers,

Mike Basden

Comment

Probably more directed toward the idiot fans who decided to endager the lives of the remaining racers by throwing debris onto the track... not cool.
                  Tod.
                  Crew Chief: - CTCC Car #41
                  www.twinlakesmc.org

Comment

Originally posted by StewPiddass
                    I couldn't believe it either, I turned it on right when the race started and I was pretty surprised to see 14 cars drive off into their garages after the parade lap... Pretty bad for the sport, thank god that didn't happen to Champ Car, with all the problems they've been having they'd be toast...
                    Champ Car has decided to let anybody with a USGP ticket in for the next race.

Comment

All the good Michellen rubber was at Le Mans

When I first saw it, not knowning the background story, I thought they were protesting the US GP. I did one of these and then enjoyed detailed coverage of the Ferrari.

Comment

Originally posted by camaroguy
                        Champ Car has decided to let anybody with a USGP ticket in for the next race.
                        Too bad it's Cleveland.

On another note the tires were at the track. F1 said they couldn't run that type of tire becuase it would beat that Red Team and we all know no one is allowed to that in F1.
                        "Love thine enemies, it scares the hell out of them"
                        "You never have enough gas until you're on fire!" Ken Schrader NSCS

Comment

I understand people being upset but it's a competition, not an entertainment event like a concert or some other show put on for the fans. At least, it shouldn't be that way.
                          I'd be pissed off also, but, I don't think you could expect a refund.
                          The guys race and the fans come to watch the race. If 14 cars broke down after 12 laps, what's the difference?
                          I think the farce is people talking about changing the course (Michelin et all) and asking the drivers to go slow around turn 13 (FIA). Michelin screwed up, some of the rules are stupid and the outcome was an odd race.
                          I don't think it says on the ticket stub that you are guaranteed x number or cars.
                          I was really hoping MS would trip up and one of the Minardi's would make the podium.
                          It was real annoying how all the commentators were making it like nobody would watch/attend F1 again. Give me a break.
                          www.spda-online.ca
                          sigpic

Comment

What if the race was run on spec Michelin tires? ie no cars competing. Would FIA have cancelled then or made track changes?

Comment

Competition exists because it is entertaining. Little or no competition/entertainment leads to no fan interest. This in turn leads to no sponsors and eventually no racing event. IMO the FIA has it's head stuck too far up it's a$$ to realize this.
                              CarGuy - Subaru BRZ #57
                              sigpic
                              Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting. Steve McQueen

Comment

Working...
                              X