Renting a Race Track

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Renting a Race Track

recently someone posted on my local forum that they have a lapping day coming up at shannonville that requires no helmets, doesnt appear to have any emergency contingency OR marshals.

how the hell do these groups get access to the track and satisfy insurance requirements, etc?
    #XX - Sprints 2011...i hope?

Re: Renting a Race Track

It's just like renting a car - you can do that without insurance too - but you wont find me doing it...

Comment

"Show me the money" - that's what the track facility says. Then it shoves a "do not hold liable" form in your face and makes everyone sign it.

It is really up to the person who is trying to rent the track to set the rules, but that person is now trying to make the money back that they just put up, so come crunch time, anyone with cash qualifies.

I think the only way to rent the track as an individual is to get your buddies that you know and trust together and say, let's rent a track and split the cost for the day. Sure it will be more expensive, but you know who your dealing with and will learn a lot more, have more fun and won't be stressing out.

Comment

Originally posted by spoonie
        recently someone posted on my local forum that they have a lapping day coming up at shannonville that requires no helmets, doesnt appear to have any emergency contingency OR marshals.

how the hell do these groups get access to the track and satisfy insurance requirements, etc?
        Welcome to the world of Outlaws. You know if the event is sanctioned by the CASC-OR you are protected. If it is not, then you takes your chances.
        "Love thine enemies, it scares the hell out of them"
        "You never have enough gas until you're on fire!" Ken Schrader NSCS

Comment

Working...
        X