Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pro Kart in Etobicoke: Are they any good?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pro Kart in Etobicoke: Are they any good?

Has anyone ever been to Pro Kart in Etobicoke? Are they as good as Formula Kartways, or are they as bad as 401 Mini Indy?
    Even Senna confessed he occasionally went too far, as was the case in qualifying for the 1988 Monaco Grand Prix, where he became a passenger on a surreal ride into the unknown. Already on pole, he went faster and faster and was eventually over two seconds quicker than Prost in an identical McLaren. "Suddenly, it frightened me," Ayrton said, "because I realised I was well beyond my conscious understanding. I drove back slowly to the pits and did not go out anymore that day."

Re: Pro Kart in Etobicoke: Are they any good?

Definitely not as nice a facility or as professionally run as Formula, but the karts are light and tossable and fun to drive when they're not breaking, unlike those bulldozers at Mini Indy that make your arms cramp up in about 5 minutes. The track at ProKart is much smaller than Formula, about the same size as MiniIndy, but it has better flow than the one at Mini. Best of all, it's dirty cheap compared to Formula, so you do get a lot of seat time for the $. Personally I prefer Formula because the karts are reliable, evenly matched, and I like a clean and professionally run facility -- but for cheap and fun karting (if you don't take it too seriously since they tend to have some really fast karts and some really slow karts), ProKart is a good value.
    The bearded weirdo from Speed Academy

Comment

ProKart is good enough to be selected for the
      Toronto Kart Clubs Winter Indoor Series.
      Race #1 Dec. 15th had 50 drivers, including two
      Sunoco Ron Fellows champs.
      Last edited by jimmy1; 01-05-2006, 03:58 PM.
      The other Jimmy
      Staff Photgrapher,AllGlass Race Team
      Official S/\Cographer,S/\C News

Comment

Cool. I take it I won't have to throw away my clothes after using their karts, like I had to do after using the filthy 401 Mini Indy karts?
        Even Senna confessed he occasionally went too far, as was the case in qualifying for the 1988 Monaco Grand Prix, where he became a passenger on a surreal ride into the unknown. Already on pole, he went faster and faster and was eventually over two seconds quicker than Prost in an identical McLaren. "Suddenly, it frightened me," Ayrton said, "because I realised I was well beyond my conscious understanding. I drove back slowly to the pits and did not go out anymore that day."

Comment

If you don't mind smelling of gasoline for a day, then you're good to go

At least that's been my experience a couple years ago. Who knows, they might be better now.

Comment

I have been to Prokart, but it was almost a decade ago. It's quite a small facility, and even with a different track configuration, they are limited to the size of track they can run.

As for Formula, they are changing their track within the next couple of months. Might be a good excuse to do some winter karting

Comment

Working...
            X