GPS Data Loggers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GPS Data Loggers

Motec Also has GPS data logging, it can be used as your beacon and also do section times. Plus data log your race line on Google earth.

Brad

Comment

RacePak has added the predictive lap time function to the G2X display and the beta version of the G2X firmware update can be downloaded here:
      http://www.g2extreme.com/forum/index...1D5FA89BCDFEB0

This is awesome, with this update instead of just getting lap times from the G2X display the driver will be able to see how they are doing at any time during their current lap compared to their best lap.
      Just call me "G"
      2000 Honda Insight
      2005 Mazda Miata

Comment

I've seen the G2X in action, and I've also used a DL1 before, they both are good products.

What I'm looking for now, is something that can pull data from the CAN bus and log it with the GPS and accel data.

Any new car these days already has most sensors that we'd be interested in monitoring: throttle position, brake pressure, steering angle, individual wheel speeds, etc...

I haven't found any resonably priced solutions yet (<$2000).

---EDIT---
        Race Technology has CAN translators available now for $200 that work with their DL1. Still expensive if you have DL1 + translator = $1200 without a display.
        Last edited by jonweir; 01-02-2008, 04:01 PM.
        Jonathan Weir
        Number: 5
        Class: Yours!
        sigpic

Comment

that's an incredibly reasonable price for a CAN data logger for racing purposes.

Comment

Both RacePack (makers of G2X) as well as TRACKMATE are working on adding an OBDII/CAN bus interface with their products in the near future. But this feature will probably only be available on their next generation ~$1000 data loggers in the future.
            I don't care so much about that right now because our track car is old so it doesn't have OBDII.
            Just call me "G"
            2000 Honda Insight
            2005 Mazda Miata

Comment

Working...
            X