Megasquirt Shop in GTA?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Megasquirt Shop in GTA?

Anyone aware of a shop in the GTA familiar with installation of Megasquirt? I'm about to replace my Optispark for the second time, and I've barely driven the car. Goal would be to replace GM ECM with the Megasquirt-II, crank trigger, with wasted spark ignition to replace the Opti completely. I'm considering doing this myself, but would be nice to have a "Plan B" since springs always comes faster than one expects and there is NO WAY I'm letting another season go by without some real seat time in this beast!

Paul
    1990 Supercharged Ecotec Miata

Re: Megasquirt Shop in GTA?

Originally posted by paulmon View Post
    Anyone aware of a shop in the GTA familiar with installation of Megasquirt? I'm about to replace my Optispark for the second time, and I've barely driven the car. Goal would be to replace GM ECM with the Megasquirt-II, crank trigger, with wasted spark ignition to replace the Opti completely. I'm considering doing this myself, but would be nice to have a "Plan B" since springs always comes faster than one expects and there is NO WAY I'm letting another season go by without some real seat time in this beast!

Paul
    Curious, why did you not go with a LS1?
    sigpic
    Pro Tour Truck

Doug

Comment

Originally posted by Doug Phillips View Post
      Curious, why did you not go with a LS1?
      Cost at the time. Now that hindsight is 20:20 I should have.

Comment

As somebody who finally has his Megasquirted car finally running well, I can tell you that I found no shops with Megasquirt experience. I guess the freeware and low cost are not profitable enough for a shop to work with. As well if something goes bad, you can repair it yourself so no profit.

For advice, there are a ton of people available who have lots of experience. The most knowledgable person I came across was a guy on the RX7Club forums named Aaroncake. He really understands the system and can help you with the details of setting it up. As well the RX7Club has a particular area dedicated to the Megasquirt that has some very very smart people on it that should be able to assist.

The big issue with the Megasquirt is determining which version you are going to use, MS1 or MS2, what features you are going to use and getting all the sensor values input correctly. Its actually not really hard to do, just really really intensive making sure you have all the values correct and everything properly wired up and shielded. If we got my car working with a bridgeport 13B rotary and 4 throttle bodies and 3 coils with different spark timing, your V8 should be a snap.

Eric
        #23 GT4 Cougar and #24 GT4 RX7

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 23Racer View Post
          As somebody who finally has his Megasquirted car finally running well, I can tell you that I found no shops with Megasquirt experience. I guess the freeware and low cost are not profitable enough for a shop to work with. As well if something goes bad, you can repair it yourself so no profit.

For advice, there are a ton of people available who have lots of experience. The most knowledgable person I came across was a guy on the RX7Club forums named Aaroncake. He really understands the system and can help you with the details of setting it up. As well the RX7Club has a particular area dedicated to the Megasquirt that has some very very smart people on it that should be able to assist.

The big issue with the Megasquirt is determining which version you are going to use, MS1 or MS2, what features you are going to use and getting all the sensor values input correctly. Its actually not really hard to do, just really really intensive making sure you have all the values correct and everything properly wired up and shielded. If we got my car working with a bridgeport 13B rotary and 4 throttle bodies and 3 coils with different spark timing, your V8 should be a snap.

Eric
          Thanks for the info. I've found a few more solutions to my problem that don't involve doing to a full standalone engine management system. Not sure which path to take yet. My 6 options are documented on my blog. http://www.brutusv8.com/1_brutusv8-a...k_updated.html

Comment

Working...
          X