c5 z06 wheel/tire size preferences?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• c5 z06 wheel/tire size preferences?

Could anyone with a c5 z06 advise me on wheel and tire sizes (front/back) as well as tire choices...seems OEM wheel sizes dont offer a lot of choice of rubber out there (or i am not looking in the right places...) many thanks!
    sigpic
    Supporting member of several
    grassroot Clubs

Re: c5 z06 wheel/tire size preferences?

Try a 275/40/17 for the front, more tire selection. Only 0.4" taller.

Comment

thanks for your suggestion! given the car has 18x9.5 fronts and 18x11 rear wheels (sorry, should have specified it in the first place...), would 275/35/18 and 305/35/18 work? obviously 295/35/18 on the rear would work as well (oem size). thoughts?
      sigpic
      grassroot Clubs

Comment

If you have 18 x 9.5 fronts, and 18 x 11 rears, then you're not using stock sizes, so why are you concerned about stock size availability?

Stock ran 17 x 9.5 and 18 x 10.5, running 265/40/17 and 295/35/18. Generally 275's are easier to find for the front application (265's aren't too common).

However, running those 18" sizes you listed, I'd run either a 285 or 295 front, and 305 or 315 rear. JMO.
        OMSC
        Current: 2011 Corvette Z06
        Previous: '06 Z06, '10 Corvette, '93 & '02 Camaro Z28's

Comment

Good question i thought i could get a set of used stock wheels as a spare/street set perhaps, but couldnt find any tires to fit the front oem sizing. anyhow, thanks for all of your responses and suggestions. in terms of running 285 or 295's in the front...no issues with fitment/rubbing?
          sigpic
          grassroot Clubs

Comment

Yeah, don't worry about fitting stock sizes. Again, 275/40/17's are quite common, so you shouldn't have much trouble finding them from MOST manufacturers (although there are some tires/models that don't come in that size). The 18" rears shouldn't be any worse to find tires for.

However, if you chose to run the 18's up front as well, I know that one of the guys ran 305's up front without too much trouble, other than the tires would rub his brake ducts if turning close to full lock. Sounds like there's no clearance issue to the actual inner fenders though with that setup.

BTW, where do you plan to run this car? Any track events? Lapping? Auto-x? .......... SoloSprint?
            OMSC
            Current: 2011 Corvette Z06
            Previous: '06 Z06, '10 Corvette, '93 & '02 Camaro Z28's

Comment

Thx for all the info again. I will certainly join some of the SoloSprint events this year.The question is in which car. I have one registered already, but it aint a Z06...
              I am presently looking at a potential purchase of the latter and hence all the questions re set up.Want to understand my choices and costs before I lock and load on a decision...Cheers!
              sigpic
              grassroot Clubs

Comment

Working...
              X