Re: Camber setting

Originally posted by Michael View Post
    Here is the link for pictures for anyone who wants to see
    http://www.alltrac.net/phpBB2/viewto...p?f=20&t=29332

3rd last car scrolling down has
    17x9 38et
    25mm spacer: rear
    255/40/17
    Well, very interesting. I must have been thinking about a narrower bodied car.

You really are going to have to test to find the proper alignment. I would expect that you will be running 2-3 degrees of neg camber up front, and less in the rear (probably .5 degrees less than the front).

It all depends on how stiff the car is, and in all honesty, what your tire temps are. I am a slave to tire temperatures, and adjust based on the readings I get.
    Peter Mills
    Cheap. Fast. Reliable. Choose 2.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeT View Post
      Hi Michael,

Yes for Time Attack, Race, those are pretty soft. Those are more like a firm street suspension.

DMS 40's can be revalved so not worried there.

The arm ratios and balance of the car (Front to rear weight distribution) along with camber curves will play a big part in suspension tuning, then after that, the DMS 40's would need to be valved to control the rebound (stiff springs) along with the compression valving. There will be "low speed" valving which is used the most, and high speed valving to tune (bumps, pot holes, expansion joints).

For those spring rates which you currently have, I'd start with -3 degrees camber with a measurement for roll center to make sure you still have some curve left after lowering. You will need to adjust your roll center for sure with those springs.
      Originally posted by Pete@SCB View Post
      Well, very interesting. I must have been thinking about a narrower bodied car.

You really are going to have to test to find the proper alignment. I would expect that you will be running 2-3 degrees of neg camber up front, and less in the rear (probably .5 degrees less than the front).

It all depends on how stiff the car is, and in all honesty, what your tire temps are. I am a slave to tire temperatures, and adjust based on the readings I get.
      Thanks guys, looks like plenty of homework for me to do
      Michael

Comment

Some update on the progress with a few pictures attached below. I have ended up with Rota Grid 17x9" 30mm offset all around and 15mm spacers in the back. Wrapped with Hankook R-S3 tires 245/40/17, I will get 255 on my next purchase of tires.
        I also got AP Racing front BBK and the car is coming along nicely. I had an issue with exhaust studs...3 of the 9 had to be extracted and helicoiled.
        But this year, I have signed up for Bridgestone Racing Academy Racing/Mechanic program so I might not be able to get the car to actual events this year but I'm spending quality time in Mosport for the remaining 5 months
        Attached Files
        Michael

Comment

Working...
        X