No announcement yet.

2018 Regional Competitor Registration!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2018 Regional Competitor Registration!

2018 Class D Autoslalom licenses are available now and are $35 up to and including the 2018 CASC Autoslalom Open House, which is tentatively scheduled for Saturday April 7th. After that the Class D Licenses will rise in price to $40 for the remainder of 2018. You can join a CASC club and/or purchase a license (for any discipline) through the following website.

https://members.casc.on.ca/

There are links to two tutorial videos at the bottom of the page. It's important that if you've ever been a member of a CASC affiliated club, that you don't register as a new member since if you have ever been a CASC club member in the past you will be in the database.

If you are currently a CASC club member you may need to contact your club's membership official for your username although most user names are your firstname.lastname

If you have any issues at all, please let me know.

As in the past, regional registration is optional but required to accumulate championship points, trophies, series swag and to qualify for any championship programs.

New this year: Regionally Registered Class D License Holders will be entitled to $10 off per event for all 2018 regional events. The more regional events a competitor competes in, the more they will save. It is important to note that the $10 discount isn't stackable so if a series registered regional competitor is already a member of the host club, their club membership discount supersedes the Class D license.
    Last edited by sjd; 01-10-2018, 11:24 PM.
    CASC Autoslalom Director
    2019 Honda Civic Si #64
    www.twinlakesmc.org

Re: 2018 Regional Competitor Registration!

Originally posted by sjd View Post
    New this year: Regionally Registered Class D License Holders will be entitled to $10 off per event for all 2018 regional events. The more regional events a competitor competes in, the more they will save. It is important to note that the $10 discount isn't stackable so if a series registered regional competitor is already a member of the host club, their club membership discount supersedes the Class D license.
    Nice!
    Barry

Citizen Cone Dodger

Comment

Nice post Steven! It has all the required information to get the job done and I didn't even have to leave my chair.

Be sure to thank Keegan for all the hard work.

Comment

Spoke too soon. Close, but no cigar, Steven!

You'll have to download, sign, and submit an updated annual waiver. Getting the waiver isn't a problem, but uploading it is another story. I may have submitted mine, but I'm not sure. There is absolutely no feedback as to what's going on when you choose your file. I can choose it over and over again, and click Update Profile all I want, but I can't tell if it was uploaded or not. At least with IE it says 'Whoops, something went wrong!" Firefox and Chrome don't say anything, they just clear the box.

And there is no indication if I am supposed to upload an updated photo. I'm just going to leave it, since I haven't been radically disfigured over the winter.

Tell Keegan I'm disappointed in him.

Comment

Originally posted by notthesnail View Post

kids these days.
          darcy
          "Go play with your iPad. Leave the men to shift the gears."- e30og
          88 GTX, 00 SiR, 06 AP2

Comment

Originally posted by notthesnail View Post

You'll have to download, sign, and submit an updated annual waiver. Getting the waiver isn't a problem, but uploading it is another story. I may have submitted mine, but I'm not sure. There is absolutely no feedback as to what's going on when you choose your file. I can choose it over and over again, and click Update Profile all I want, but I can't tell if it was uploaded or not. At least with IE it says 'Whoops, something went wrong!" Firefox and Chrome don't say anything, they just clear the box.

And there is no indication if I am supposed to upload an updated photo. I'm just going to leave it, since I haven't been radically disfigured over the winter.

This one isn't Keegan's fault as we are waiting to see if an electronically signed waiver will be valid for ASN and insurance purposes hence why that area isn't quite complete. I should have mentioned it.
            CASC Autoslalom Director
            2019 Honda Civic Si #64
            www.twinlakesmc.org

Comment

Last year I submitted a picture of my signed document, although I can't remember if they also wanted me to send the original.

This year I tried to sign electronically, which is just a digital picture of your signature added to the pdf waiver. In this case, my signature was captured from a touchpad, as opposed to converted from a scan.

I don't have a certificate to attempt digital signing, which is a little more difficult and time consuming if you don't already have the certificate. In most cases that certificate costs money, too, and has to be renewed annually.

Just so people are aware of the differences. I think you're talking about what I tried to do. Hopefully it gets the thumbs-up.

Comment

one of the biggest issues in the electronic signature or digital signature worlds is user authentication and session continuity

the rules for paper documents are grandfathered, you sign and mail, or sign and fax, and somehow that's okay.. but do a squigly on your phone and all of a sudden it's important to prove that a) you are you and b) that you are the one that signed the document

you can download Adobe Sign on to a mobile device and use it to sign any PDF that comes your way and email it right back.. free!

but in a court of law you can deny having ever signed anything, that it was someone that hacked your account or that it wasn't actually you that forwarded that document (it's nuts!) and the party that received your signed e-document may be out of luck if big pockets back the denier

if the insurance people are "thinking about it", that means they, like many "pseudo-legal" institutions are aware of the ramifications. Hopefully they won't be as stringent as some larger corporations that stand to lose a great deal and for whom client authentication is actually a big responsibility...

(work at a bank, have dealt with esignature developments)
                set tire pressures to winning!

Comment

Who do I contact to have the club expiry date updated if it's wrong?

I have a club membership with SPDA that expires in 2020. members.casc.on.ca correctly lists my club, as SPDA, but has the wrong termination date of 2016.
                  2010 STI STU (retired)
                  2014 BRZ STX #109
                  Red ones go faster

Comment

Originally posted by Travis View Post
                    Who do I contact to have the club expiry date updated if it's wrong?

I have a club membership with SPDA that expires in 2020. members.casc.on.ca correctly lists my club, as SPDA, but has the wrong termination date of 2016.
                    That would be Malcolm. He fixed me up last year. You can message MalcolmV on the SPDA forum.

Comment

Electronically signed waiver works. I set up a PDF electronic signature when I first did my annual waiver. It still worked when I put in my annual waiver for scrutineer B license for ice race. Now to see if I need to get another one in. I should not in theory.

Yes, I tech cars for ice race, if only for one weekend.
                      sigpic
                      TAC's Autoslalom guy

Comment

Working...
                      X