Pics From the past ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pics From the past ...

Anyone remember this guy! A twin engined Tercel, ... Yep! 2 complete auto packages. The trick was to keep the rear engine cool ... Pic courtesy Dietmar S of TAC
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Champ98; 12-24-2010, 03:47 PM.
    Ice Racing will always be a Black art! So ... In order to finish first, ... first you must Finish!

CASC-OR Ice Race Director
    Toronto Autosport Club Ice Race Organizer
    Minden Kin Club Member
    District 8 Secretary Kin Canada
    Car Number 1
    sigpic

OK How bout' this one!

Taken back in the 'Civic Days', it shows quite a few stalwart racers still with us today, and the back end of a class-winning Hyudai that was almost brand new at the time ... note car #95 I believe Nick Beck taking the outside line trying to get by all those HUGE Honda's in his Mini ... Pic Courtesy Dietmar S of TAC
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Champ98; 12-24-2010, 03:48 PM.
    Ice Racing will always be a Black art! So ... In order to finish first, ... first you must Finish!

Minden Kin Club Member
    Car Number 1
    sigpic

Comment

Pics From the past ...

Here's two ... The first is Brother Dan and I proving that Minis were light back in 1995 ...the second, someone from Huntsville may be interested in, as he was being chased by our first Festiva in 1996 ... Pics courtesy of "Fag ash Lil"
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Champ98; 12-24-2010, 03:45 PM.

Minden Kin Club Member
      Car Number 1
      sigpic

Comment

Re: Pics From the past ...

This one is of Multi Champion and well respected racer Terry Dalton's first introduction to "Lake Minden" ...

note the old "Red" Kinsmen trailer in the background ...
        Attached Files

Minden Kin Club Member
        Car Number 1
        sigpic

Comment

This was the Mini in Studs BEFORE the rollover, note the absence of duct tape around the windshield ...

And check out the height of the inner banks on the straight! Pic courtesy of "Fag Ash Lil'"
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Champ98; 12-24-2010, 03:44 PM.

Minden Kin Club Member
          Car Number 1
          sigpic

Comment

cool pics

the mini looks great!

Comment

Feel free to post your own oldies ... Keep them under 100K, and we could have some fun with this ...

Minden Kin Club Member
              Car Number 1
              sigpic

Comment

Some numbers you may recognize ... And some you may not ..

Pics Courtesy of Deitmar S of TAC ...
                Attached Files

Minden Kin Club Member
                Car Number 1
                sigpic

Comment

I remember the twin engine Tercel, it was from the Peterborough area, built by a chap who worked for Russell Toyota I believe. Once it got sorted it was very quick. The second year it was sold to Bob Donley, he & his wife raced it in rubber & he in studs (no SS in those days) and it got quite beat up and never saw it after that season.

Merry Christmas
                  Rob

Comment

Originally posted by Otto69 View Post
                    I remember the twin engine Tercel, it was from the Peterborough area, built by a chap who worked for Russell Toyota I believe. Once it got sorted it was very quick. The second year it was sold to Bob Donley, he & his wife raced it in rubber & he in studs (no SS in those days) and it got quite beat up and never saw it after that season.

Merry Christmas
                    Rob
                    Merry Christmas Rob, I think it ended up heading west somewhere. You'll note that I merged the first two posts in this thread from an old thread from 2004 ...

Minden Kin Club Member
                    Car Number 1
                    sigpic

Comment

Here's one from 1998. Yours truly chasing 2 "Waskaly Wabbits" Stef Haas and Giani Biral in the stud class... Note Tom P's famous Thunder truck steaming down the straight in the center ... Pic courtesy of Mavis Burnham.
                      Attached Files

Minden Kin Club Member
                      Car Number 1
                      sigpic

Comment

Perhaps one of the most interesting conversions for full out, more bang for your buck racing, was a brief appearance of Chris Martins 4WD Ford Aspire, running a 323 Drivetrain. From 2007 I believe we credit Jimmy McGlade for the pic.
                        Attached Files

Minden Kin Club Member
                        Car Number 1
                        sigpic

Comment

Andy...blast from the past, I remember all these cars from standing on the banks for the past 26 years....haven't missed a season yet. I've got another "string" going as well...some people know about that one, but it's only 10 years running

I have a photo album of my dad's which has got lots of old photos in it...might have to scan a few.

The Asfire was kinda fun...it still sits there, complete as that photo was taken. You posting that made me think for 17 seconds about some more parts i have sitting around, some e-85, and having some fun...but that was only a thought for 17 seconds. Oh...and that thing was anything but cheap... And even though i did drive it...the concept, and everything behind the scenes was my uncle's. I was just the spacer between the seat and the steering wheel, and spent about a month of time cutting, welding, grinding, and swearing at it.

I do have some other ideas though...lets just say i have WAY too many spare parts around, and something even smaller than an Aspire.
                          Last edited by Do It Sidewayz; 12-23-2010, 12:08 PM.
                          Chris
                          Old School Motorsports

Comment

LOL ...I'm thinking a little, teeny weeny, Justy?

With a turbo the size of a Rolls Royce RB211!

Minden Kin Club Member
                            Car Number 1
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Champ98 View Post
                              Here's two ... The first is Brother Dan and I proving that Minis were light back in 1995 ...the second, someone from Huntsville may be interested in, as he was being chased by our first Festiva in 1996 ...
                              Thanks for the memories Andy,hard to believe that was my rookie year and that car won best prepared for the year-must be near seasons end as its a mess in that shot.
                              Its amazing you know,I didn't even know what I tractionized tire was when I brought the car the 1st weekend,no idea about ballast,alignments etc etc-and look at me now eh! Still know nothing about this damn black magic sport.

Hey Chris how the hell can you have watched 26 years of ice racing,are you even that old yet?.

Comment

Working...
                              X