Mike Iliescu passes away

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mike Iliescu passes away

Some of you may remember Mike Iliescu aka "The Crazy Romanian". He was a friend to myself, "Toothless" Mike Evans, Rick Creuzburg and many others. He ice raced my first car, a Chevette, after I gave it to him and Toothless. They painted it flat black and covered it with a bunch of many coloured vinyl question marks.
    He passed away on Tuesday June 5th.

Here's a copy of the email from his sister covering details of the funeral etc. ...

"Dear Friends of Mike (a.k.a. The Crazy Romanian, Mike the Bike, Esky, Michael I),

We will be having a simple visitation (closed casket, no service,
    just Michael's friends and family commiserating, sharing stories,
    and paying their respects).

Sunday, June 17th from 4-6 p.m.

Simple Alternative
    275 Lesmill Rd
    North York

Feel free to say a few words to honor Mike's memory--His 9 year old son, Toshio, will be present. Of course it's about Mike; so we expect ribald, odd, politically incorrect, but clean. Also, if you have any neat photographs of Mike, please bring copies, as we would love to add them to a memory book. If you can send me the images by email ( dogmooky@gmail.com ), I may be able to compile a slide show. Please add a few explanatory words (year, people in pic, and what the heck was going on)!

Oh, the stories! I would like to compile a "stories of/by Mike" collection
    as a keepsake for his son. Please take the time to write down a tale or two.
    Email them to me, or bring them to the visitation.

We will be setting up a Trust Fund for Toshio's education. In lieu of flowers, please consider making a contribution. Details to follow.

Rowena "
    Attached Files
    sigpic SACEWE!!!
    Minden House, S/\Ctionizer
    Car #24
Working...
X