Licensing Question....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Licensing Question....

Since the new rule book isn't online...and my old one is burried someplace.

Dave got a question for ya.

I know you are supposed to have a "CASC Basic License" to ice race.

But there are some other acceptable licenses....no?

My question, if i hold a CARS Rally License is that fine....i seriously can't remember.

No sense buying 2 licenses...when one will do.

and yes..i am being cheap and don't wanna spend another 50 bucks
    Chris
    Old School Motorsports

What's CARS?
    Is it issued by the CASC?
    Is it equvilant to a CASC Basic lisence?
    "Love thine enemies, it scares the hell out of them"
    "You never have enough gas until you're on fire!" Ken Schrader NSCS

Comment

From the rules book:

5.01 DRIVER ELIGIBILITY

a) Drivers shall hold a current CASC BASIC "DRIVER" license or higher rated CASC or ASN Canada FIA competition license. Other Licences, SCCA and FIA, may be recognized at the discretion of CASC.

So is it ASN or FIA or SCCA?

Comment

Originally posted by Crusher45
        What's CARS?
        Is it issued by the CASC?
        Is it equvilant to a CASC Basic lisence?
        It's the National Rally License
        Canadian Association of Rallysport
        www.carsrally.ca
        Perry Iannuzzi
        Past President
        Canadian Automobile Sport Clubs -Ontario Region

Comment

Originally posted by Crusher45
          So is it ASN or FIA or SCCA?
          Check your PM's.

Comment

Is there an answer to this? I'm also a CARS licenceholder who is interested in ice racing.

I can be contacted at alan.ockwell (at) gmail (dot) com

Thanks

Comment

Crusher,

ASN have delegated rally authority to CARS on the national scale. As such, CARS issues basic rally licences, regional rally licences and national rally licences on behalf of ASN.

I'm not sure whether we've got anything written in the rules for equivalency from CARS licences. I'll look into precedent, but if we follow road racing practice, then I'd expect we'll be alright to accept CARS licences at all levels as equivalent or superseding our own requirements for ice race, but would require participants to be members of CASC-affiliated clubs in order to be scored. (Or was that to enter? I forget. I'll doublecheck that tomorrow and get back to you...)

One question for the rally guys: since CARS issues the basic and regional rally licences, then I guess we don't need to look out for people showing up with RSO licences then...is that right?

SS
              Please PM for inquiries regarding the Shannonville Endurance Grand Prix Plenary Committee.

Comment

there is no such thing as an RSO license.

CARS issues all rally licenses.

There is no "basic" license persay.

Both Regional and National Licenses require a Valid Medical, and a valid first aid certificate.

so really....i'd think a CARS license is almost a set-up from a CASC Basic.
                Chris
                Old School Motorsports

Comment

You need a medical? Wow count me out, I hate little rubber gloves.

Chris,

The CARS license is fine but please ensure you do belong to a affilated club that is sanctioned by the CASC and yes TAC will do. I do like BARC myself but then I'm prejudice.

Comment

being an affiliated club member is a prereq for the CARS license also.
                    Chris
                    Old School Motorsports

Comment

Then the CARS will do.
                      The minimum is a CASC Basic and if this is a step up then no problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Do It Sidewayz
                        being an affiliated club member is a prereq for the CARS license also.
                        You need to be in a CASC-OR affiliated club to get a CARS license??

Comment

No, you need to be a member of a CARS-affiliated club to get a CARS licence.

However, as far as I know, all CARS-affiliated clubs in Ontario are also affiliated with CASC, so all CARS licence holders should be eligible to enter and score points based upon the criteria that Steven outlined.

Comment

Just remember that S/\C doesn't count.

SS

(S/\C #51)
                            Please PM for inquiries regarding the Shannonville Endurance Grand Prix Plenary Committee.

Comment

SAC is sanctioned? I always thought they were outlaws?

Comment

Working...
                              X