Thanks everyone!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks everyone!!!

I just wanted to thank everyone who came by to make sure I was okay and offered up their CAA tows and or trailers for me to get home, it was much appreciated and goes to show how great the solosprint family is.

After looking at the damage I cracked an oil pan, bent the rad support, bent the frame slightly, ripped the rear tranny mount off but not before it hit and cracked the steering rack, that's what we can see so far. Motor is now out and going to Discovery Auto Collision tomorrow to let Raj and the crew work their magic.

I'll be back for Mosport see you all then.

Thanks again everyone
    sigpicK24/K20A powered 1999 Integra GS-R all motor
    2007 SGT1 #362
    2008 SGT3-R #362

GT Sprints
    co-driving
    Phoenix Yellow 2000 Honda Civic car#363...GTC

Re: Thanks everyone!!!

Originally posted by 1999_ITR View Post
    I just wanted to thank everyone who came by to make sure I was okay and offered up their CAA tows and or trailers for me to get home, it was much appreciated and goes to show how great the solosprint family is.

After looking at the damage I cracked an oil pan, bent the rad support, bent the frame slightly, ripped the rear tranny mount off but not before it hit and cracked the steering rack, that's what we can see so far. Motor is now out and going to Discovery Auto Collision tomorrow to let Raj and the crew work their magic.

I'll be back for Mosport see you all then.

Thanks again everyone
    Wow! When you hit it, you REALLY do it hard ! This makes up for the flight that did so little damage at DDT

DJM:>
    in temporary retirement from racing...

Comment

What happened Mark?
      Andy
      Mobil 1 Time Attack - #96

Comment

Glad to hear you & the car made it home safe & sound .

Sucks about the damage underneath ... I know ALL about it brotha!! But aside from the off-road excursion, you're really doing well with that car ... it's almost as pesky as a Subaru!!! (although it clearly does not handle the "rally line" like a Subaru )...

Anyway, good luck putting things back together, and looking forward to seeing you back in action at Mosport .

Pete

Originally posted by G-ForceJunkie
        What happened Mark?
        In a nut-shell, looks like he went a little hot/wide through Pro-track Turn 2 (left hander) and the "smooth, grassy run-off" was not so forgiving to the underside of the Integra. Mark can elaborate more.
        OMSC
        Current: 2011 Corvette Z06
        Previous: '06 Z06, '10 Corvette, '93 & '02 Camaro Z28's

Comment

Mark was collecting frequent flyer points on turn 2 on pro. That sounds like a lot more damage than when I took my flight. Shit, I drove home - or more accurately limped home but I was home.

Comment

Ouch! Sorry to hear it. Reminder to self: Consider putting skid plate back on for Mosport...
            sigpic

Stephen, SPDA VP, OTA Director, CCC Member
            OTA: SGT1 ! -=- CSCS: SSA #842

Comment

LOL Yup tapped the brakes for turn in at turn 2 and got back on the throttle too soon and launched the car off the banking hit the ground front end first and proceeded to go about 150 meters into the infield.

Neck was a bit stiff yesterday...guessing if I wasn't wearing my hans it would be worse.

I'll be at Mosport for sure...if not in this car for some reason then for sure in another.
              sigpicK24/K20A powered 1999 Integra GS-R all motor
              2007 SGT1 #362
              2008 SGT3-R #362

GT Sprints
              co-driving
              Phoenix Yellow 2000 Honda Civic car#363...GTC

Comment

Glad to hear you made it home alright Thanks again for the ride and advice.Hope to see you at Mosport!
                Later,Dan
                sigpic
                2007 GT3 #970
                2008 GT2R #970
                2009 GT3R #17
                member StLac&SPDA

Comment

Glad to know you will be out at Mosport. Hopefully the car will be with you and better than ever.

See ya soon
                  Paul
                  Paul M
                  Chief Timer
                  2010 Solosprint Champion

sigpic

Comment

Don't worry buddy, just follow my motto: "If you aren't breaking something, your aren't pushing it hard enough!"

Comment

Originally posted by GTIbyJB View Post
                      Don't worry buddy, just follow my motto: "If you aren't breaking something, your aren't pushing it hard enough!"
                      Wow thats a motto I have proven. Its the running slow the next time out keeping it on the asphault that I have to overcome. Mark I look forward to seeing you and hearing your car at Mosport.

Comment

Everyone was breaking something this weekend, I broke my hub and axle, Ivanno broke his body kit (that seems to be happening often), Opal/G broke down, and Mark broke just about everything! Good times!

Comment

Soooo I guess I got a head start on you guys

I win!...umm hang on
                          #168 GT1-R :)
                          movin' up in the world

Comment

With all the grass in the engine bay, he could make a zen garden

DJM:>
                            in temporary retirement from racing...

Comment

Working...
                            X