Roll cage requirements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2002 A4 classification

First of all, I would like to thank everyone here for the help, especially Dave that took the time to write to me at 00:36 this morning!

So GT2 is where I will be and that's fine by me. I would like to give you some info for your data base on the A4 for future reference. After doing some research I found out why your 1999 A4 as a 50.3% PI vs what you used for my A4 at 54.2%.

Up to and including the year 2000 model the 1.8t was rated at only 150 hp. The 2001 model, the last year for the B5, the car got a 20 hp increase to 170 hp. A 2001 A4 should be put in a higher class. All B5 Quattro models with a 1.8T and a manual tranny weighed in at the same weight, 1470 kg or 3241 lbs, which by the way is still 75 kg or 165 lbs less then my car, the B6 model. If you need additional info on the A4s, let me know and I would be glad to help out.

Thanks again and see you soon,

Mike

Comment

Hi Mike,

Happy to help. Your data for the B5 A4 1.8T does coincide with what we're using in the spreadsheet...150 hp and a curb weight of 3241 lbs. Thanks for your confirmation.

If you'd like me to e-mail you a copy of our classification spreadsheet so you can have a closer look at it, just drop me an e-mail at dpratte4@cogeco.ca and I'll reply to it.

Cheers,
      Dave
      The bearded weirdo from Speed Academy

Comment

Working...
      X