2011 ASN Canada FIA CSC Rule Set

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2011 ASN Canada FIA CSC Rule Set

I posted in the 2011 Schedule thread that I was encouraging EVERYONE apposed to the CASC-OR SoloSprint tire rule being used for the 2011 ASN Canada FIA CSC Event taking place on August 26-28th 2011 at Mosport International Raceway to drop Terry Epp at ASN Canada FIA a line to voice your concerns about running this rule at MIR.....

Terry's email address is rally dot cars at sympatico dot ca

Please voice your concerns at using the current tire rules using specific examples if necessary.

My opinion on this matter has been voiced in other threads an opinion that I am very passionate about! The rule MAY work at tracks like DDT, Fabi and Nelson, but does NOT work in it's current incarnation at MIR or even Pro Track. The hp difference between two classes (the difference between a car using using the BEST streets or Premium Rs) is NOT 10 pips at MIR.

For this specific track (and other HP tracks) I would suggest a 1 or 2 pip difference between non-premium rs and streets, a more REALISTIC difference given the long straights that reward horsepower over handling.

Please, all those opposed, send an articulated email voicing your concerns so that the 2011 CSC event has a fair classification system for ALL!

Thank you!

Re: 2011 ASN Canada FIA CSC Rule Set

well of course, it is easier to go full throttle out of turn 2 than going full throttle into it.

btw, Katie took second place at the MIR event, she has 90hp, what does that mean?

I'll see if we can re-score the MIR event with your suggestion of only a 2 pip bonus for street tires, but there are still quite a few section of that track where the car is spending a considerable amount of time with one side loaded up.
    Last edited by thgear; 11-26-2010, 01:34 PM.
    set tire pressures to winning!

Comment

Serge, I posted this not to debate....again! I posted this as a call for action for an event outside of CASC-OR SoloSprint's jurisdiction.

Please refrain from sarcastic remarks that have nothing to do with the thread!

Comment

The other option is to buy a set of high performance streets and go win your class

You have 3 days of enjoyment there.

My plan is to actually compete on my uber tires. I believe there is enough difference for me to not run the streets
        sigpic

http://www.can-alignment.com http://trackmart.com

Comment

or WES

by a snowmobile..keep it up at my place and have just as much fun..cheaper!!

Former CCC member, and shit disturber

winner of a bunch of different classes over many years

breaker of parts, burner of engines

CREATOR OF "ULTIMATE DOOM 570SX"

Comment

ubers at Mosport in the 240sx are great...the hoosiers I ran one year were awesome at that trcak..in the black rat 240sx ..was able to get down to 143's one lapping session they are like glue

however the chassis started to bend and the windshield cracked lapping

Comment

"btw, Katie took second place at the MIR event, she has 90hp, what does that mean?"

means we should consolodate every class up to GT4, since there are hardly any people running in those classes

Comment

This event is part of our regional series as well as being the National Championship event. One of the underlying ideas here is to run the weekend under one rule set, not two.
                Chuck Atkins

Ontario 1500 Motorsport Adventure Organizer
                Former CASC-OR Ontario Time Attack Director
                Former ASN Canada FIA SoloSport Ontario Rep

Comment

While I am happy to see a National Solosprint event back for 2011, I agree with Wes that the CASC tire rule is wrong for this event.

I will be sure to email Terry and inform him of this oversight and be sure to post in the Quebec forums so that they know whats going on.

Don't scrap a National Championship by using dated tire rules that don't work.

Oh yeah, while I am at it, don't rebrand the CASC series a Time Attack because that would be misleading to prospective new competitors.
                  Traditional TA allows controlled passing during timed runs AND does not use points to class cars.

Get it right, either class cars by tires, or by points- not both!

While I don't expect to make you guys change your mind on the rebranding- please do reconsider no messing up the Nationals.
                  Carl Wener

PERRY PERFORMANCE & COMPETITION

450 662 8886
                  carlwener@hotmail.com

HJC-CANADIAN STILO IMPORTER-PERFORMANCE FRICTION -HAWK-HOOSIER-COBRA SEATS-SPARCO-AIMSPORTS

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck91GT View Post
                    This event is part of our regional series as well as being the National Championship event. One of the underlying ideas here is to run the weekend under one rule set, not two.
                    National priority is suppose to override regional needs. Otherwise its just a glorified regional event.
                    Carl Wener

PERRY PERFORMANCE & COMPETITION

450 662 8886
                    carlwener@hotmail.com

HJC-CANADIAN STILO IMPORTER-PERFORMANCE FRICTION -HAWK-HOOSIER-COBRA SEATS-SPARCO-AIMSPORTS

Comment

It's obviously extremely advantageous for the out of province competitors to have the tire rule scrapped for the National Event. They'll have R-comps, and the majority of Ontario competitors are on street tires.
                      Andy
                      Mobil 1 Time Attack - #96

Comment

Originally posted by tanney View Post
                        For this specific track (and other HP tracks) I would suggest a 1 or 2 pip difference between non-premium rs and streets, a more REALISTIC difference given the long straights that reward horsepower over handling.

It is fine to suggest things Wes but what evidence do you have of the 1-2 PIP difference?

On a personal note, the difference for me, in general, of streets vs non premium Rs is actually about neg 6 PIPs and I for one will be returning to using Rs or possibly Ubers next year at ALL tracks. Streets were more than a class slower, not less.
                        Mobil 1 Time-Attack # 4, CCC Member

Comment

I'd say the greatest advantage one could gain at MIR would be to lose your least optimised suspension pips and replace them with more power/engine PIPs. For most everyone that would mean stock springs and dampers. That would net you more of an advantage than tire choice.

Please be reminded that the separation of tire classes in lap time at MIR is around 1.1-1.2 seconds. The same difference that any 5PIPs should make provided they're used to full advantage.

Will Chan

Former OTA CCC Chairman

Comment

that is a good idea Will....

I can get some OEM shocks and coils at crappy tire for $150 per wheel..and that drops the car 6 pips...add street tires and thats another 5 pips...

thats 2 whole classes... that would put the car into GT1

hmm.....

goes to look up Gt1 MIR times from last year

Comment

Originally posted by ADAM View Post
                              that is a good idea Will....

I can get some OEM shocks and coils at crappy tire for $150 per wheel..and that drops the car 6 pips...add street tires and thats another 5 pips...

thats 2 whole classes... that would put the car into GT1

hmm.....

goes to look up Gt1 MIR times from last year
                              Look how great Salamon is doing, almost no prep, just a car and a desire to run it.
                              set tire pressures to winning!

Comment

Working...
                              X