Hope I didn't miss too many cars...

https://www.flickr.com/gp/133417824@N02/3sS8m3

Re: Photos from OTA #1 June 6, 2015

Nice photos, thank you.

Comment

Great shots, good job.
      sigpic
      No one is interested in all the things you didn't do !

Comment

thx for taking the time!
        #185 ontario time attack
        Car: 1982 chev "battleship" camaro
        2013 sgt1 class winner.

Comment

Thanks Martyn...Great Shots!
          Dave Burne
          2013 Genesis Coupe GT2

Comment

Thank you for the photos.

By the way, I beleive there was some talk with the other photographers about uploading the event photos to the OTA facebook page, or creating an OTA Instagram account. Given the reach of Social Media it could be a really powerful marketing strategy to publish as much OTA content as possible.

Would you be interested in sharing your photos on social media?
            Greg.

Comment

Of course. My only concern is license plates.

Further much like the Autoslalom division has a FB group perhaps one would be handy for OTA as well.

Comment

Originally posted by MartynD View Post
                Of course. My only concern is license plates.
                Not to be an ass about it, but I feel like anyone that doesn't want their plates in photos at an event like this should be pulling their plates.

It's great that you care about it and even consider it, but most photographers wouldn't.

I've got about 1600 shots to go through from the weekend, hoping I can get through them by the weekend. All mine will be available for the OTA FB page, I'll give Erik the links to mine once they're up and he can post whatever he likes.

Comment

Actually, I thought there was a requirement for plates to be removed.

Honestly I don't want the hassle of having to go through and pull images with plates, so yeah I'd rather not worry about it.

Comment

Originally posted by MartynD View Post
                    Actually, I thought there was a requirement for plates to be removed.

Honestly I don't want the hassle of having to go through and pull images with plates, so yeah I'd rather not worry about it.
                    From the Time Attack Rulebook, page 14:
                    1.5 VEHICLE REQUIREMENTS
                    .11 To maintain a professional appearance, license plates shall be either completely removed or completely visible during competition. Ad hoc covering with masking tape or equivalent is not permitted.

There's no requirement to remove plates, however people have varying tolerances/sensitivity related to insurance. (My opinion-->) The burden should be on the competitor to accept the risk inherent in this form of competition. People who come out and take photos are doing so (generally) for free and it's not fair to ask those volunteers to unnecessarily sort through thousands of photos to remove those with plate. Event photos are one of the best ways to market and create attention for the series, which ultimately benefits us all since without enough marketing we will not be able to draw enough competitors to make the events viable.
                    Greg.

Comment

Originally posted by Greg Campbell View Post
                      Thank you for the photos.

By the way, I beleive there was some talk with the other photographers about uploading the event photos to the OTA facebook page, or creating an OTA Instagram account. Given the reach of Social Media it could be a really powerful marketing strategy to publish as much OTA content as possible.

Would you be interested in sharing your photos on social media?
                      Pics are one thing, what about results. I'm interested to see how things went but it's an OTA information vacuum as usual unless I'm missing something. I remember in the past there was a local area network available with updates, my bad if the link is out there, but I can't find it easily. I doesn't appear to be on the OTA media and links page of the CASC site.

I realize OTA isn't using transponders, mylaps or racehero.io. but how hard can it be to take a picture of the results sheet with a cell phone (or print to PDF) and upload it a couple of times during the day. Mark it provisional if necessary.

My god you have a social media guru in "toothpower" updating his followers minute by minute. Leverage the resource.

I'm not being critical, just hopeful in being able to follow the action with regular updates. In my mind that's a low rent way of getting your message out.
                      sigpic
                      2006 350z
                      OTA SGT1 #14 GT Challenge GS #19

Comment

Live timing was up during the events, and results should be available shortly.

Definitely good feedback though!

Comment

It was available over wifi on the weekend as well as on the big screen. At least class based.

Had to leave before the finish so curious to see the final results too

Comment

The results were available by wifi but not really publicized...

Connect to OTA wifi then http://results.time-attack.ca
                            '11 Red STI #373

Keep right except to pass.

Comment

Thanks very much for the photos Martyn! It's always great to have some nice pictures posted after an event.

I know everyone like photos, so here's some more! Steven from Blackoutvader came on Sunday to take photos, and he got some very nice shots. Check out the flickr link below and shoot him an email if you'd like any in hi-res. Wouldn't hurt to thank him for coming out. It'd be great to see more and more social media coverage of our events!

Blackoutvader@yahoo.com

https://www.flickr.com/photos/124921...h/18618191381/
                              Time-Attack #29
                              1990 Toyota Celica GT-S

Comment

Working...
                              X