Director Required

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Director Required

As you are aware, Kelly Ball has stepped down as CASC-OR Time Attack Director. We want to thank Kelly for his service and dedication to Time Attack in the Region for the time he was involved.

We are currently soliciting candidates interested in the position. It is imperative that we have a director in place as soon as possible.

These are the duties and responsibilities of a Division Director;

Director of a Competition Committee

Will be a member of the Board of Directors

Shall be responsible to the Board of Directors for the operation and function of his/her discipline.

Shall establish a committee for his I her area of activity that gives representation to all the facets that are necessary to the smooth operation of his / her discipline.

Shall hold from time to time such workshops as are necessary for the efficient functioning of the activity.

Shall see that adequate training is being given to both the competitors and the officials in the discipline.

Shall ensure that all officials functioning in his/her discipline, on behalf of CASC-OR are informed of CASC-OR regulations and any policies that govern their operation on behalf of CASC-OR and ensure that said policies and regulations are followed by that official.

Shall establish, document and maintain standard operating procedures for the position, including an up-to-date job description.

If you are up for the challenge and would like to be considered for the position, please contact the office and let Deb office(@)casc(dot)on(dot)ca know asap.

Affiliated clubs can put forth the name(s) of eligible candidates and the board will work with the Time Attack managing clubs to put a director in place so that the 2016 Series will go forward.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact me president(@)casc(dot)on(dot)ca
    Perry Iannuzzi
    Past President
    Canadian Automobile Sport Clubs -Ontario Region

Re: Director Required

We would like to announce Gerry Carvalho has been appointed to the position of CASC-OR time Attack Director.
    Gerry brings with him a strong determination to ensure that the T/A division remains healthy and will work closely with the OTA clubs to help build the ranks of the sport while providing the best value to the competitors.

Welcome aboard Gerry.
    Perry Iannuzzi
    Past President
    Canadian Automobile Sport Clubs -Ontario Region

Comment

Thanks for stepping up, Gerry!
      Another quality post from Black Dwarf Racing

Comment

I would like to thank Perry I. and the CASC-OR Board of Directors for appointing me the position of Time Attack Director.

I also would also like to thank the three clubs, OMSC, SPDA and TAC which comprise OTA, for their recommendation to the board.

To our valued competitors, we know the snow is melting and your all yearning to get back into the cockpit and burn rubber!

Thanks for your patience but our announcements will be shot out shortly as to what you can expect this year.

Regards,

Gerry C.
        Ontario Time Attack Director 2016
        CASC-OR Time Attack Director

sigpic

Comment

Congrats Gerry!
          Kelly B. GT Class Competitor 2011 - 2014
          OTA Director 2015
          ASN/FIA Committee 2015

Comment

Thanks Gerry, I'm sure all of the OTA competitors in 2016 will be appreciative of the time and energy that you will devote to the job.
            Jim (aka "Lawrence" in results). Red NA Miata and red NB Miata.

Comment

Kev, Kelly and Lawrence thanks for the wishes.

Hope to see you guys out on the track soon!

sigpic

Comment

Congratulations Gerry !
                We look forward to supporting OTA in 2016 , as in the past.
                I would ask what the past process is to promote the School at DDT ? I see that it has been moved to a one day format ,which might be more palatable to some potential runners.
                I will ensure that the message gets out to OMSC and the Ontario Karting Community, but I guess I am asking how the word is spread to other markets ?
                Cheers!

Comment

Thanks Al,

We are having a meeting tomorrow to finalize promoting both OTA as well as the open house and the schools.

The easiest/cost effective way to promote would be having everyone one of the participants tell a friend or post on some of the other forums and websites.

If everyone one of us (over 50 participants) just told one friend or neighbour, or posted on a website that could be a potential new racer to our series.

I started a new thread called Promotion Promotion Promotion.

Please refer to that to get some ideas going.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X