where can i get a welded roll cage?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• where can i get a welded roll cage?

where can i get a welded roll cage with competitive pricing?
    Make Haste Racing .... Andrew Cordeiro

CSC Racing in Newmarket.

There are even a CASC-OR corporate sponsor.......

Comment

ronnie's number doesnt seem to be working. can someone help me out?
      Make Haste Racing .... Andrew Cordeiro

Comment

hey Andrew

Find anything out with Ronnie
        89 CRX-R
        93 Civic - Soon to be.........
        97 YUKON.......

Comment

I'll keep my mouth shut about CSC Racing.

You can get FIA spec roll cage at fourstar motorsports, they are owned by the Sprongle Brothers.

Also, Andrew at Voytechcho will custom fab an FIA spec roll cage for you too.
          President, Co-Founder
          http://www.spda-online.ca
          sigpic
          SPDA, Bringing "Racing to Racers"!
          2003 CSP Champion, 2004 FSP Champion,
          2005 FSP Champion, 2006 FSP Champion
          Supported by the greatest companies!!
          Click me to see the companies supporting grass roots motorsports!!

Comment

Isn't it CSC Racing that feels that Solo II has very little to offer them in the way of business and that's why they don't want any of their sponsorship moneys coming to Solo II ? Or was it some other company that decided that?
            TrackMart
            If you are thinking it's not possible...
            ...It's possible you aren't thinking!

Comment

Originally posted by JoeT

Also, Andrew at Voytechcho will custom fab an FIA spec roll cage for you too.
              Hey Joe, Andrew isn't doing cages for customers. maybe one day when the porsche is done they'll consider it
              ------------------------------------------------

Comment

Fourstar's probably done cages for golfs before also... give them a call.

Comment

Roll Cage & Sponsors

Originally posted by J.C.
                  Isn't it CSC Racing that feels that Solo II has very little to offer them in the way of business and that's why they don't want any of their sponsorship moneys coming to Solo II ? Or was it some other company that decided that?
                  I don't know where it came from that CSC Racing Products doesn't support Solo II. It's amazing how rumours spread mistruths and misunderstandings. In fact anyone who went to the Solo Open House & the Solo Banquet benefitted directly from CSC Racing Products in more ways than one. But since some people who received the 15% tax free day at the Open House & dinner & door prizes at the banquet don't feel CSC Racing hasn't supported them, they should wise-up.
                  The picture is a little bigger than CSC Racing Products actually paying to put a decal on Solo IIist cars.

I had my Honda cage done by Ralph & Jennifer and have bought most if not all of my motorsports saftey equipment from them. Great people to deal with especially since they're CASC-OR motorsports suppliers.

It's a free world out there, so buy from whom you like, just remember where the support for all your motorsport activities comes from.
                  Perry Iannuzzi
                  Past President
                  Canadian Automobile Sport Clubs -Ontario Region

Comment

Re: Roll Cage & Sponsors

Originally posted by Director
                    I don't know where it came from that CSC Racing Products doesn't support Solo II. It's amazing how rumours spread mistruths and misunderstandings. In fact anyone who went to the Solo Open House & the Solo Banquet benefitted directly from CSC Racing Products in more ways than one. But since some people who received the 15% tax free day at the Open House & dinner & door prizes at the banquet don't feel CSC Racing hasn't supported them, they should wise-up.
                    The picture is a little bigger than CSC Racing Products actually paying to put a decal on Solo IIist cars.

I had my Honda cage done by Ralph & Jennifer and have bought most if not all of my motorsports saftey equipment from them. Great people to deal with especially since they're CASC-OR motorsports suppliers.

It's a free world out there, so buy from whom you like, just remember where the support for all your motorsport activities comes from.
                    Perry I understand how my comment could annoy you (heck it annoys me). However I am just repeating what I heard at the Solo openhouse. It was stated that CSC (99% sure it was them) that felt okay with sponsoring motosports but did not want to have any of the funds they provided to be going to Solo II as it was not worth it. Now if I am wong I appologize, but this is what was told to me by several people.

P.S. I was stunned when I heard this.
                    TrackMart

Comment

I'm with Perry. Wanted a roll bar put in the ice racer. Phoned, described the car, and asked how much it might cost, ball park. Ralph did some detailed calc's, then told me how much he thought it would cost, telling me labour hours, rate per hour, and materials cost, including the number of feet of tubing he thought might be used. Remember this is all sight unseen, CSC does not know me, and I've never done business with them before. So, made an appointment, delivered the car, drove it inside, talked for five minutes, and left.

Next day:

1. Job finished when promised; car was ready when we got there.
                      2. Cost was LESS than than the ball park quote, as labour hours were less. Materials were right on. Could've charged me more labour hours, and I'd never have known.
                      3. Workmanship great in my opinion

So, my experience is good quality work and honest people. What's not to like?

Gary
                      Gary

Comment

I am not questioning there work or service. It is this stance I heard they are taking in regards to Solo II that bothers me.
                        TrackMart

Comment

Well, on that point, I recall that they host the Solo open house. For me, that's more than enough. Remember the business they are in. I've only been there once, but looking around the shop, it's crystal clear to me that they're in the metal fabrication business. Sure they also sell some race parts, and safety gear, but I'm pretty sure that metal fabrication pays the bills at CSC. Next, consider what is required for Solo 2. Roll cage? Roll bar? Purpose built race car? Nope, none of the above. What's needed? A helmet. That's it. So, let's go back to Solo 2. How much business is CSC going to get from Solo 2 participants? Some helmets, sure. But how much profit comes from helmet sales? Probably not much. You can buy a helmet anywhere.

But, building relationships with people who race, well that brings business over time, because people who run Solo 2 are more likely to do other motorsports activities as well. Hence the hosting of the open house. Makes good sense to me. However, when it come to putting sponsor money on the table, and given limited funds, sponsorship has to go to a series that requires their fabricated metal products. They'd be crazy to do anything else.

I guess it's just a question of expectations. I'm totally happy they're in business and give a little back to the community they service. This includes Solo 2. If they focus their marketing dollars less on Solo 2, and more on racers that require their products, well, I understand. And, I guess my respect for them as business people goes up a little bit. It's what I'd do for sure.

Others may disagree.

Gary
                          Gary

Comment

What he said.

They make and sell equipment that for the most part is non-essential in Solo II. This is a good thing for Solo II. Keeps costs down.
                            They've been excellent with their open houses, and the 15% off is great.
                            If it was my company, I'd feel the same way. Not snubbing my nose at Solo II, just trying to make sure my investment is going towards my target consumer. If guys in II step in to Solo I, then they may very well need CSC products at that point. This is good for CSC. Brings new customers.
                            It's like GM pushing Corvette sales at an import drag race. Sure, some of them may step up to that car in a few years, but most aren't in the market today.

My two cents.... disagree at will. Poor Will...

Comment

Well this specific thread is regarding a solo II car. I guess alot of soloI guys feel solo II people do not do these types of upgrades and don't deserve the same concern. I think a few people would be surprised at how soloII has grown and how prepped some cars are.
                              TrackMart

Comment

Working...
                              X