Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car craches/ insurance

Hi Fellow racers

I was involved in one of three incedents this past weekend at shannonville. i clipped the rumble strip on corner 3 (Fabi) and rolled the car twice. I'm wondering if anybody has been through this with their insurance company and if you have some documentation to help my cause. My agent was told that solo1 is a full out racing event......Need Suggestions......(i.e certificate of Insurance K&K)
    Cheers
    Danny Habash

I just changed insurance companies so I checked this out with my new one. With this company any speed contest is not covered. As there is a timer running for Solo1, or Solo2 for that matter, I would not be covered for anything that happened while doing that.
    However, I would be covered if I was in a driving school, specifically I asked about PCA drivers ed, as long as it was not a speed contest.

YMMV

Comment

Hi onfiregt, man that sucks, did not Perry say he would help with
      documentation?
      And don`t forget the Fri was only a lapping day, no timers were used that day.
      I would try and talk to Slick and Perry he said he had no problem with his insurance, I bet that they are fu--ing you maybe cause of your age.
      1987 DECH MUSTANG
      1999 SI Civic
      BMW Trillium Club
      Birel Rotax Supplier

Greg

Comment

insurance

I always assummed you were not covered on the track, by a regular policy as you are putting your vehicle/self at higher risk then your insurance company signed up to accept.

Comment

Insurance Coverage

I would like to clear up a misconception before it gets out of hand. when I said I would assist Danny in anyway I could, it was to write a letter for him explaining that Solo I is "Technically" not a "Race Event". No door handle to door handle competition, therefore less risk of being involved in a collision or being punted off the track. At no time did I say or suggest I would state in writing that it was a lapping day or drivers instruction school. I have spoke with his insurance company and it look s like they are not going to cover any "Timed Competition" events under his policy. They were very direct in their questioning what type of event it was, and I'm not going to lie at the risk of committing fraud. I sympathize with each competitor, but again I must reiterate that when you strap on your helmet and take your car onto the terack you are doing so at your own risk. The price of which can be very high.
          Please don't spread heresay around, the competitors involved in the past events accidents have enough to worry about getting their rides back together. Please keep all of your comments "non suggestive" and let them deal with it in their own manner. Misinformation can be very damaging, so be careful of what you say.
          I still beleive our sport is one of the safest ways to "play" on the race track and you will see many more safety improvements at the next events.
          Regards
          Perry
          Perry Iannuzzi
          Past President
          Canadian Automobile Sport Clubs -Ontario Region

Comment

I would like to apologize to Perry and the Members
            if I implyed that you would lie or defraud and Insurance Company.
            I would not want or expect you to do anything that would degrade the professionalism of our sport.
            1987 DECH MUSTANG
            1999 SI Civic
            BMW Trillium Club
            Birel Rotax Supplier

Greg

Comment

Working...
            X