Drift Event this Sunday?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drift Event this Sunday?

Somebody in London just messaged me that he heard about a drift event happening this Sunday at WOSCA's slalom venue. I find this hard to believe, but anythings possible. The problem is our lot owner is VERY anal about tire marks and I can see this costing us our lot. I'd like to confirm that it is or isn't just a rummor. Has anyone heard anything?
    Marshall McLean
    95 Mazda Miata
    sigpic

Since driftnation just pulled the plug on all drift events organised by them I know their not hosting,I haven't heard of any being held by anyone else.I think there's a 240 club down your way,look them up.
    Since driftnation folded a couple of other guy's are stepping in to keep things going,I was instructing at a drift event at shannonville on sunday.There are no plans for events other than on track to my knowledge.

Comment

just keep an eye on things Marsh... make sure you talk to the property owner and that they are aware the 2 groups are not the same. actually probably the best way to find out if something is going on is to talk to the property owner since they woudl have rented it out.
      2005 F-Super Stock National Champion
      2005 F-Super Stock Regional Champion

We Don't inherit the world from our Parents, We borrow it from our Children

Comment

Originally posted by max attack
        There are no plans for events other than on track to my knowledge.
        That's what I thought too. I'm hoping this is just a rumor. The mall management is next to impossible to get ahold of. Besides which, if a club offered to pay them more than we do, then I'm sure they would have immediately asked us for more money.
        Marshall McLean
        95 Mazda Miata
        sigpic

Comment

So....did anything happen?
          http://www.pitl.ca

Comment

I never heard anything, and I didn't get down there to check. I'm pretty sure there wouldn't have been a real event there without somebody I know hearing about it.
            Marshall McLean
            95 Mazda Miata
            sigpic

Comment

I drove through the parking lot the next day.

You can see the start box and stop box and a few donuts from the locals. I really doubt anyone went drifting there.
              Loud Pipes Save Lives

Comment

Working...
              X