Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shootout Smack Talk

Let's get some trash talk going!

I predict snow and black ice in late September so obviously, a rally driver from SPDA is going to win. Hear that Corey? Your reign of dominance is fleeting. I'd like to see those Nitrons work in 3" of Canadian slush.

I actually think Chris, Corey, or Carsten will take it (He has been getting quicker under the radar). Maybe someone from the CCC? Riots may ensue if that happens. I know Mohamed is thirsty for victory, can his sleep expertise give him the edge?

Any word what the layout will be, how the day is going to be organized? Do we still have the washroom facilities or have they been torn down? They will no doubt be in high demand.
    2010 to 2013 OTA competitor with a Honda, Ford, and a BMW.

Re: Shootout Smack Talk

Well, I can promise this: throw your notebook out as DDT is going to be a totally different animal when we go back in a few weeks. I've been there a fair bit for work over the past couple weeks and the track has gotten dustier and dustier! Grip is minimal at best. Washroom's have been torn down, but they do have port-a-poties beside the portable.

That being said, its so hard to predict. Each event seemed to have different names at the top of the leader board and I really don't think the last event at CTMP is any indication of who will be fast at DDT in late September when its cold.

Either way, gotta go with Corey though. Great car, consistently fast driver, best tires for the more than likely cold conditions.
    Last edited by ScubaSteve8; 09-11-2013, 12:40 AM.
    Steve Bortolotti
    #82 Mazda RX8

Comment

it would be cool if the final battle took place in the resident F2000s
      Last edited by 2TH PWR; 09-10-2013, 07:41 PM.

Comment

If it rains, I'm picking a Subaru. Otherwise it will have to be someone who has half decent rubber left.
        Mobil 1 Time-Attack # 4, CCC Member

Comment

I just got new rubber, sorry boys. It's all over.

Unless we run 0 kink. Then not so much.
          Barry

Citizen Cone Dodger

Comment

There will be no kinks!

Supp Regs will be sent via email very soon.
            Chuck Atkins

Ontario 1500 Motorsport Adventure Organizer
            Former CASC-OR Ontario Time Attack Director
            Former ASN Canada FIA SoloSport Ontario Rep

Comment

but Miata guys like it kinky.
              Barry

Citizen Cone Dodger

Comment

My top three picks are Ujjwal, Corey and Chris in no particular order. Steve is my dark horse, or Mohamed but he's not exactly a dark horse, but he had to be mentioned at some point because 4 picks aren't allowed lol.

I have no tires left so if I make it past the first few I'll be pleased

Comment

Ujjwal, as last year's Overall Champion will you be attending?

Hmmmm... Event 2 at DDT was run in CCW direction with no kink. The results were 2 SGTx class cars in the top 2 spots (Chris and Lloyd) and the rest of the top 10 were GTx class cars. Since we're running without a kink the shootout top 10 will be all GTx class cars and 1 SGTx class car (Lloyd is in L.A.). Since Barry's tires are fresh and he has a habit of pulling off miracle laps at the end of the day we may see a single Tx class car in the top 10 (if Ujjwal is running then maybe 2). I'm rootin' for you Barry! My Hankooks are worn and their grip sucks in the cold so if I make the top 20 I'll consider it a good day. Based on previous results Chris has a slight edge over Corey, however the BMW really got dialed in after the halfway mark of the season. I think it will be very close.
                  CarGuy - Subaru BRZ #57
                  sigpic
                  Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting. Steve McQueen

Comment

Yes Pierre, I hope to attend barring any car gremlins. I agree with your analysis. The xfactor is weather I think. If it is really cold, the SGTx cars might have trouble putting the power down. Regardless, I can't wait to see Corey and Chris duking it out. My goal is top 8. There are a few other dark horses like Erik mentioned, himself being one that could take it. Wish I had a predictive lap timer for this event as how much risk to take is going to be critical.

Comment

I'll weigh in and suggest that Richard Nadeau has a good chance as well as the others especially if it's damp. He is eligible to use racing wets since he did so during the season.

Another darkhorse is Andrew Van der Peer as their car is always fast at DDT.
                      Gary Wood:
                      GT2 Mazda RX-8 #52

Comment

Switched from the Rivals back to the RS3's. Mucccchhhhh better.

Also have some nice R1R's if it's cold / wet.

I'm planning to put on a good show anyway. 0 kink will be pretty tough on T and low GT though.

My picks Corey or Ujjwal though.

Mind you, Chris just put on new tires too...
                        Last edited by Saj5DJ; 09-11-2013, 08:05 AM.
                        Barry

Citizen Cone Dodger

Comment

Unfortunately, my tires are pretty shot after the Sigma event at Shannonville, so I am looking to get a new set - just not sure what to go with....RS3's or Rivals.

If it rains, my two picks would be Mohamed and Ronald Billings.. In the Dry, I think the Top ten will look like this:

Steve
                          Ujjwal
                          Chris
                          Mohamed
                          Barry
                          John Coey
                          Andrew
                          Eric
                          Sal
                          Myself

I think the three biggest dark horses are Steve, John Coey, and Eric. Going to be interesting!
                          Corey Whiteman

Comment

looks like this shoot-out has generated the desired interest in year-end activity

set tire pressures to winning!

Comment

Originally posted by thgear View Post
                              looks like this shoot-out has generated the desired interest in year-end activity

I'm treating this like the RoC, not the main season. Besdies, it's only the 3rd track day I will have done this year (6 laps at shanny doesn't count), the desire to go racing is raring to go. I'd like to thank Chuck for allowing me to participate.

Barry, 0K is murder for the NA miata. I suggest you suggest we add cones on the straightaway. If you're bringing the new miata, well...that will be interesting!

Corey, don't take any chances, diversify your investment. AD08 ON FL, RS3 ON FR, R1R ON RL, RIVALS ON RR.

Comment

Working...
                              X